Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

Well, I used to swap more often than I do currently.  Maybe once a month or so.

And previous to that I used to do it almost every night.   That's because I used to use my home theater (Hales) speakers for two channel as well.  So I had speaker wire leads from my tube amps sitting near my HT L/R speakers, and when I wanted to use them for two channel I'd just unplug the speakers from my home theater cables, and plug in the cables to my 2 channel tube amps/sources.   So banana plugs were very easy to deal with. 

Still...I own at the moment 5 pairs of speakers that I swap in and out, so any connection that makes that easier is the one I prefer.
I'm a fan of having a couple of sets of speakers or a couple of systems.  I think there is some difficulty in getting a single system to do everything well.  Thiels excel at lower to moderate volume, acoustic music.  I don't use them to really crank, though.  I've got some active ATCs for that.  They don't sound as nice at low volume or image as well but they will play very loud without distortion or fear of breaking anything.  That's what they're made for.  I can get on my 17 year old noisy treadmill and crank up something loud enough that I forget the treadmill even makes sound.  It's fun.  
jon I crank my 3.6's and CS6's.  The 6's  play louder, the 3.6 play plenty loud and are ever so slightly more transparent!

I hear you with your ATCs I have the old Polk 2.3tl's that I bought in the 80's that I refurbished.  Fun to put them in sometimes because they play "listening to live music in bar" loud!  Not nearly as good as the Thiels but fun.
another comment from my friend using the Goertz cables with the 3.7's.

One more thing to add to the list. Not sure exactly how this works but the background with the Goertz is blacker. The music just emerges from a very quiet place. Not sure why this would be so? Didn't think of speaker cables as adding noise? Maybe the Zobels are getting rid of some high frequency hash?

The Goertz design is high-capacitance, which may cause some amplifiers distress in the trans-audio high frequencies, which produces down-reflected audible consequences. Correcting that capacitive load makes the amp run truer to form.