CDs Vs LPs

Just wondering how many prefer CDs over LPs  or LPs over CDs for the best sound quality. Assuming that both turntable and CDP are same high end quality. 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
@atmasphere
The bottom line for me is that it’s vastly cheaper to put together a digital source that sounds better to me than vinyl. Regardless of the technical reason, it's a failing of the technology and it's expensive to eliminate.

As an aside to the crowd, why’s everybody calling vinyl an "LP". LP refers to the length of the program. "Long Play". As opposed to a shorter format called an EP. LP’s come out on any physical medium.
Regardless of the technical reason, it's a failing of the technology and it's expensive to eliminate.
@kosst_amojan IME this statement is false, unless you bought your digital gear at Goodwill.

People call the LP that out of tradition. Its easier to type too :)  Really, real people don't call CDs LPs. Just ask anyone.
long time ago, I used to hear quite noticeable hiss from the record, but I barely notice it today. I asked my daughter (she listened to stereo with me since she was 3) if it is because I am getting old? She says "no, your system sounds much better than 20 years ago, hiss is not as noticeable as before, with much blacker background" She is not an audiophile, and I trust her ears. My conclusion is: today's good turntable do reduce the hiss and brightness of the record. My turntables system (have been upgrading a couple times) is much better than what I had 20 years ago.
The last turntable I heard was this monster a guy built out of what looked to be 3 inch chopping blocks. He had it up on isolation. The tone arm was a 16" plank of what looked like walnut. The arm hung from one polyester string tensioned with neodymium magnets. The AC motor drove the platter with 1 polyester thread, and the motor was driven by a class AB audio amp being fed a sine wave from an iPod to adjust the speed and torque. It was a beautiful turntable. I had high hopes it wouldn't be full of hissing and popping. I was wrong. Everything that grates me about vinyl was still there. I've tried to give it a try over the years. My mom gave me a crate of old vinyl including some highly desirable albums. I gave them away with my Technics turntables. I don't know what you have to spend to make vinyl sound good, but I've yet to hear it. 
Album is the term that Lps and Cds share. Sgt. Pepper’s is an album whether it’s on Lp or Cd.

The term album comes from the days before vinyl. You could only fit one song per side on 78s made of shellac. So if you wanted a collection of your favorite performer’s music, you would buy an album bound with leather or cardboard. The pages would be paper sleeves that you would store individual 78s in. I suppose you could buy an empty album or one already filled with 78s. It’s the same idea as photo albums, which you buy with empty pages and slide pictures into the pages. The name transferred to Lps, which are also collections of songs.

You younger people, ask your parents or grandparents, they probably have a photo album somewhere. Maybe even an album of 78s.

Imo, record, short for a recording of music belongs to both formats too.