Perfect Path Technologies: Omega E mat

I’m curious about this product from Perfect Path Technologies and would like to hear from those that have experience with it. I’ve bought and used the Total Contact enhancer and like what it does for my system so I’m interested in hearing how this Omega E mat performs. 
t_ramey
Thanks Geoff. That's what I was thinking. But no worries it will not go to waste. I'm planning a sign to warn all audio cheapskates.

Watch for me in your neighborhood in the near future.

LP
I'm certainly not going to cut open an E-mat.  However, I have tiny alnico magnets strategically placed in my system where they are away from E-mats and use a certain metal to make them work, without the metal, the magnets damage the sound.  It is also proprietary to the inventor so I can't divulge it either.

The worst use of magnets I've heard many times are High Fidelity cables.  The more expensive, the more gigantic the magnets.  They sound awful.  My friend who had an $850,000 audio system in a $500,000 dedicated room just sold $100,000 worth of H.F. cables and replaced them with GroverHuffman cables for about $5,000.  It wasn't the money, it was the sound quality.  Like night and day.  

Unless sbayne finds otherwise, the question about the E-mat having enhanced properties with the use of additional magnetism remains.  Or does it worsen the sound?
It’s not how cheap you are. It’s what you know. 😀 For example, the induced magnetic field of large transformers is not (rpt not) good for the sound. Which is why wrapping transformers with low frequency high permeability alloy improves the sound by absorbing the magnetic field. Or for speaker magnets, high frequency high permeability alloy. By the same token it’s customary to DE-magnetize cables, CDs and LPs, not to magnetize them. Trying to use magnets to “manipulate” the sound is like shooting blanks in the dark. Magnets don’t somehow smooth the signal, reduce noise or distortion, or any such thing.
Yea, I’ve never seen a product where you are discouraged to take a picture of it, let alone there is some taboo against cutting it open to see if its a plain old piece of magnetic backed foam rubber that the seller is claiming magic properties to or a scientific breakthrough worthy of merit.
I use a Walker Talisman to demagnetize my CDs and LPs every time I play them. The difference between a magnetized CD and a Talisman demagnetized CD is as different as using 6 E-mats when comparing a magnetized (several plays of a CD for instance) and a "Talismaned" demagnetized CD.  The Talisman is just a big pair of magnets but works like a powered tape demagnetizer unit, but is non-powered, easy to hold and use and small item.   I highly recommend it. 

I also have an Acoustic Revive RD1 which does a so-so job and which I purchased prior to the Talisman.  

Otherwise, the tiny group of magnets I use in inconspicuous locations use a special metal which interacts with it.  I doubt that it actually magnetizes the surfaces but probably does the opposite to great effect.  The proof is in hearing it.