Perfect Path Technologies: Omega E mat

I’m curious about this product from Perfect Path Technologies and would like to hear from those that have experience with it. I’ve bought and used the Total Contact enhancer and like what it does for my system so I’m interested in hearing how this Omega E mat performs. 
t_ramey
🐟
troutchoker
If a company cannot explain what it is selling it is usually selling air or feathers. ( junk.)

Whoa, hey, hold on there, troutchoker! There are many perfectly good reasons why a company cannot or should not explain a product it’s selling.

In no particular order,

1. He doesn’t know the explanation or doesn’t know how to explain it technically.
2. He wishes to keep the details SECRET. You know, so someone doesn’t steal his idea.
3. He decided to keep the details SECRET in lieu of pursuing a patent, which can be very expensive.
4. He wishes to build suspense and drama.
Full court press. Then man to man defense. Excellent, excellent....⛹️‍♂️ ⛹️‍♂️ ⛹🏻‍♂️ ⛹🏽‍♂️ ⛹🏻‍♂️

fleschler
354 posts
07-19-2018 7:15pm
Geoff-The High Fidelity cables do exactly what you think of magnets added to cables, they increase the noise and distortion. The former proud owner of them complained that his system lacked smoothness. When I heard it, it sounded like garbage coming our of the AvantGarde Trios and 3 pairs of Basshorns. All the instruments were like in bass relief, outlined but lacking in body with disjointed frequency range (separate lows, highs, mids). After installing a more conventional (but an extremely elaborate and patented) set of speaker, A/C and IC cabling, his audio system sounded really enjoyable.

>>>>There could be some explanation why you heard what you did. The High Fidelity Cables are not really an example of using magnets on cables, but an example of magnetic conduction. With all the positive testimonies and reviews of High Fidelity Cables I tend to believe that they probably sound very good and that something unknown produced those negative results in your friend’ system. Who knows what?

to whit, this excerpt of the review of High Fidelity cables in 6 Moons,

“The entry-level CT-1 introduces something quite unusual which immediately suggests that you're in high-end territory with a very liquid extended soundstage. But the most salient feature is their apparent naturalness. I have always considered it very difficult to combine a very lively music reproduction with a good level of neutrality. 

”The CT-1 speaker cables sat undoubtedly closer to Nordost than Cardas but were bit less ethereal than Valhalla to get closer to my concept of a truly universal wire. Bandwidth seemed extended but lacked some weight in the low end and the treble wasn’t as sweet and refined as the Nordost Valhalla. On the flip side the Yanks had the better midrange and balance than Nordost. The profusion of low-level detail was in the top range of many cables I know. These resolved a tremendous quantity of small nuance from the mid bass to the upper treble. They also cast a wide and deep soundstage with an amazing quietness like the AudioQuest K2 but with much better tone and dynamics.”
@fleschler, good to get your comments on HFC, would your opinion also apply to their HFC MC 0.5 power modules?
“tommylion- I wonder how E-Mats work on speakers?  I didn't think that would be an appropriate application. On my 5'6", 7 driver speakers, the drivers are located up to 5' down, the speaker terminals 5' down and the crossover about mid-way down.

How strong is the E-Mats affect on a speaker that size?  Would six stacked E-Mats be more effective on a speaker? Would an E-Mat be effective covering speaker terminals?”

fleschler,

I really have no idea how the mats work with speakers, but I continue to be delighted with the improvements they bring. I am really looking forward to getting two weeks on them.

My AN speakers are two ways on stands, around 4 1/2’ total height. I have the mats on top of them, long side front to back. The tweeter, woofer and crossover are all no more than 18” below the mat. As I understand it from Tim, the effect of the mat extends vertically above and below it. How far, I'm not sure? This is all new to me, sorry I can't be more help with your questions. Obviously, Tim would be the one to ask.