CDs Vs LPs

Just wondering how many prefer CDs over LPs  or LPs over CDs for the best sound quality. Assuming that both turntable and CDP are same high end quality. 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
Ralph, It is possible that vinyl does not sound good to some people, just as some people will not listen to digital in any form, even Lps that have digital anywhere in their lineage.  We all hear differently.
Quick interrupt. What’s really required is a trade off study using criteria and weights assigned to each criterion. Then you add up the scores for each criterion times it’s weight and the one that has the highest grand total wins. There’s really no other way to do it, it gets way too subjective and loosely goosey. Pick your own criteria or decide on a list. Let’s say Resolution, Dynamic Range, tonality, frequency extension, bass performance and transparency for starters. Weight them any way you want to.
Uberwaltz,
Vinyl has pretty much been an obsolete technology my entire life. If a music store carried it, they'd have maybe 30 or 40 albums in the back corner. Good old fashion tape is what I grew up listening to. I'm quite sure I've never heard a vinyl record broadcast on radio. I like tape. 
Having grown up in an era where vinyl basically didn't exist, terms like LP, EP, and Single most certainly persisted completely independent of the recording medium. I've bought plenty of LP, EP's, and singles on tape and CD. Those are the ONLY ways I've ever bought hardcopy music. I don't think anybody 40 years old or younger associates LP, EP, or Single with the diameter of a piece of plastic. Calling anything that comes on a disk of vinyl an LP strikes me as having the same logic as calling my HP printer/scanner/copier a Xerox machine. It's an antiquated misuse of terminology that dates the user to a generation born before about 1970. 
Kosst
Completely agree which actually was my point in that it is a generation thing.
As I said old fart born in 1960.
But still we never referred to those new fangled spangly shiny discs in any other term bar CD no matter what the duration.
And I believe that stems from having attached the labels of lp,ep and single to vinyl and pyscology would not allow us to change our thought process.

Tapes I grew up with too but still we just called them tapes, even when I had a complete album or more on each side of a c-120.

Also I grew up in England, maybe the whole culture was slightly different as well.
Calling anything that comes on a disk of vinyl an LP strikes me as having the same logic as calling my HP printer/scanner/copier a Xerox machine. It's an antiquated misuse of terminology that dates the user to a generation born before about 1970.

Poor analogy, I think.

And you are making up terminology that you think you heard used in a certain way when you were little...when the rest of us were already grownups.  You cannot reach back into history and say something is wrong because it has been morphed into a different use or meaning by your (younger) generation.  LP's and Long Playing Records  are terms that came about in the 50's and 60's to describe vinyl disc products.  You can use the terms anyway you want. But calling a tape or digital disc recording an LP is just silly.