CDs Vs LPs

Just wondering how many prefer CDs over LPs  or LPs over CDs for the best sound quality. Assuming that both turntable and CDP are same high end quality. 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
Kosst
Completely agree which actually was my point in that it is a generation thing.
As I said old fart born in 1960.
But still we never referred to those new fangled spangly shiny discs in any other term bar CD no matter what the duration.
And I believe that stems from having attached the labels of lp,ep and single to vinyl and pyscology would not allow us to change our thought process.

Tapes I grew up with too but still we just called them tapes, even when I had a complete album or more on each side of a c-120.

Also I grew up in England, maybe the whole culture was slightly different as well.
Calling anything that comes on a disk of vinyl an LP strikes me as having the same logic as calling my HP printer/scanner/copier a Xerox machine. It's an antiquated misuse of terminology that dates the user to a generation born before about 1970.

Poor analogy, I think.

And you are making up terminology that you think you heard used in a certain way when you were little...when the rest of us were already grownups.  You cannot reach back into history and say something is wrong because it has been morphed into a different use or meaning by your (younger) generation.  LP's and Long Playing Records  are terms that came about in the 50's and 60's to describe vinyl disc products.  You can use the terms anyway you want. But calling a tape or digital disc recording an LP is just silly.

Dynaquest4,
The terms LP, EP, and single have no connection to vinyl records aside from describing the size of the object. Using your logic, the CD is the new LP since long play albums basically expected to utilize the space a CD offers. I could just as reasonably say anything that come close to filling a CD is an LP and anything that can fit on an 8cm CD is a single, standard, or EP. But then plenty of singles and EP's come on 12cm CD, too, just because the medium is so cheap. And really, cheap is what vinyl has always been about. I get a laugh from folks who listen to Frank Sinatra on vinyl because not even Frank Sinatra listened to vinyl!
@atmasphere    You have mentioned twice or more on this thread that the quality of the phono stage has an impact on the audibility of vinyl surface noise.

Exactly!  I recently upgraded from a 25 year old Aragon 47k phono stage to a Luxman E-250.  I am amazed out how less prominent the surface ticks and pops are.  Even when they do occur they are less obtrusive to the music. The Luxman is still very airy at the top end and dynamic especially the dynamic ebb and flow of music.  I have been rediscovering the virtues of my older vinyl as the new phono stage and the micro ridge stylus that rides deep in the grooves has been ameliorating the vinyl nasties.  

I appreciate your chiming in on this as it has helped me to understand why the Luxman is so forgiving in the surface noise arena.