Aftermarket Fuses

Can I set the ground rules up front?? I hope so. There are two camps. One who can hear different audible reproduction using aftermarket fuses. The second camp can not justify in theory, or can not hear a difference in fuses. Fine. I respect both camps. Can we hold this discussion to those who can hear an audible difference in fuses?? Can we? If so, what is your choice in aftermarket fuses and describe, please, what you hear.
imgoodwithtools
Your right Geoff I'm sure the guy that professionally designs and builds amplifiers for a living doesn't have a clue....
You on the other hand, who sells magic rocks and teleportation devices would definitely be an expert 🙄
The owner and president of PS Audio  hears the audio effects of audio grade fuses in his equipment and he is in favor of their use. so not all amplifier designer's agree with Rodger M. feelings toward some brands of aftermarket fuses.

David Pritchard

analogluvr
Your right Geoff I’m sure the guy that professionally designs and builds amplifiers for a living doesn’t have a clue....
You on the other hand, who sells magic rocks and teleportation devices would definitely be an expert 🙄

>>>>Most amplifier designers don’t believe in fuses or power cords or much of anything, as far as I can tell. They are about three paradigm shifts behind the power curve. Kind of like you. The score is about 50 against aftermarket fuses, 80,000 for. You do the math.
There has never been a reasonable explanation from any "boutique" fuse manufacturer of exactly why or how their fuse may improve the sound of any component...the reason for this is that fuses simply work or don’t, are reliable or not, and can’t influence the sound of anything because they’re fuses...in the midst of the rabid hyperbole surrounding the predatory marketing of expensive pseudo tweaks, simple facts are conveniently ignored. Most reasonable audio geeks (i.e. those not driven by expectation bias, and who can utilize logical critical thinking without faith based mythology) do NOT use Magic Fuses, although those who have invested their tweak bucks in them will generally make claims of improvement so as not to look foolish. Geoffkait’s point about the 80,000 to 50 score is like asking members of a cult how many feel it’s a GREAT cult...Littelfuse and Buss fuses have established excellent reputations over many years, and are used in an overwhelming majority of excellent sounding audio components, and offer products that cost a tiny fraction of what boutique fuses generally cost while providing outstanding build quality and performance.
It would be so nice to have that political thread up and running. That way one could compare the logic and arguments used in defending one's position and see a correlation to how they're being used here.

One side's view is based on what's right in front of them to see and hear and the other is just saying nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah.

All the best,
Nonoise