Upgrade from Classe SSP 800 processor

Hey there,
I’ve been using the Classe SSP 800 in my dedicated home theater room for a while now and while its sound quality is spectacular I think it’s time for me to explore a new current processor that can decode new surround sound formats eg Dolby Atmos, DTS-X, Auro 3D, etc.
Any suggestions?

My SSP 800 has been used strictly for surround sound (home theater) as I do have a separate dedicated stereo setup and system in a separate two-channel listening room. So that said, the new processor will also be used strictly for home theater (surrounds).

My current home theater gears are the following :
* Oppo UDP 205.
* Sony 4k OLED tv (85").
* Classe SSP 800.
* Classe Delta CAM-600 monoblock amps to power my front LR speakers.
* Classe Delta CAM-300 monoblock amp (single) to power my center speaker.
* Classe Delta CA-2300 five-channel amp to power my surrounds.
* B&W 800 D3 front speakers.
* B&W 800 HTML1 D3 center speaker.
* B&W 804 D3 & 805 D3 for surrounds.
*JL Audio Gotham subwoofer.
* 2 of Audioquest Niagara 7000 power product.

I am going to start working on remodeling my dedicated HT room in order to accommodate additional overhead speakers for Atmos setup. And when I get a new processor I will also need to get additional multi-channel amps to power additional speakers necessary.
I might get rid of my B&W 804 D3 & 805 D3 surround speakers and get the B&W 800 D3 in-wall or on-wall speakers for surrounds instead. 

Any ideas as to what new av preamp processor to get? The one that’s capable of decoding Dolby Atmos & DTS-X. But I'm keeping all the Classe Delta series power amps and will need additional multi-channel amps to power additional overhead speakers etc possibly another Classe amps. 

Thanks in advance guys.

caphill
Yep all my firmwares are up to date.  Checked that several times.   I have mine set up the same way you do in that one hdmi out put from the oppo sends video and the other sends audio.

Only the video drops out while the sound continues.  The LED or the projector just give a message that says source lost.   Than about 30 seconds later it comes back.   I’ve never had this issue before either.   I’ll probably reach out to the classe dealer at some point to get it fixed( so I can sell it).  Probably after I get The lyngdorf.  I’m pretty committed to getting that.
@rshad0000

Hhmmm....yeah...that’s odd. Only the video drops out but the audio stays.
Wondering what hdmi cable are you using to connect your SSP 800 to your display?
Are you using a very long hdmi cable from the SSP 800 to your display?
And you said that you run a video only hdmi out of the Oppo 205 directly to your display. Are you also running a long hdmi cable from the Oppo 205 to your display?

Actually I looked at it again and I am only running the one hdmi cable to my ssp800 from the oppo.  I had the dual output set up on my oppo 105 that I had before.

My HDMI run from the ssp to the projector is a long run of about 25 feet but I’ve never had any problems with that before.  The run to he tv is only 8 feet.   Trouble is I have video drop outs on both and from various sources-Xbox, oppo, directTV.   Only thing I can think of would be something going on with the ssp800 video.
Yeah...weird! Usually when video drops out the audio will drop out too or at least in the case of HDMI handshake. 
But your issue obviously isn't with hdmi handshake. 

I would contact Classe and find out. Most likely you will have to send your unit in for service. 
@soix

Thanks. I will have my Oppo 205 modded by Ric Schultz at EVS once I get a new processor. I finally just completed renovation works with my dedicated theater room in order to accommodate more channels/speakers eg overhead speakers for Atmos setup as well as surround speakers, etc. At the moment I’m using the B&W 804 D3 & 805 D3 for surrounds and will be trading them in for those B&W in-wall custom theater speakers (the matching ones for the B&W 800 D3 speaker system) for surround duties. For main front L/R speakers I have the big B&W 800 D3, and for a center channel speaker I have the matching B&W HTML1 D3. They are all driven by all big Classe Delta series class AB amps. See full descriptions of my HT setup in my original post above.

I just ordered a Lyngdorf MP-50 AV pre pro to replace my beloved Classe SSP 800. I’m going to sell my SSP 800 to my cousin. He’s currently using the Marantz AV8802 processor and now he’s looking for a processor that can perform really well in stereo for music playbacks and can function as a high end stereo preamp as well.
His AV8802 performs well for HT but its stereo performance is somewhat lacking in comparison to the Classe SSP 800. And he doesn’t care about the new formats such as Dolby Atmos, DTS-X, Auro 3D, etc

I will be looking for additional power amps to power additional speakers such as overhead speakers for Atmos setup, etc. Right now I only have 7.2 setup.
I will be going for 7.2.6 setup with the new Lyngdorf MP-50.
I am also looking to purchase B&W (matching for my B&W 800 D3 speaker system) overhead speakers for Atmos setup. I’m also going to trade in my B&W 804 D3 & 805 D3 speakers that I’m currently using for surrounds for those matching B&W in-wall custom theater speakers, the matching ones for my B&W 800 D3 speaker system.
As for additional amps to power the overhead Atmos speakers I might be getting some compact class D amp(s). Am thinking the Classe Sigma Amp2 stereo amp (class D) and the Classe Sigma Amp5 five-channel amp (class D) for those duties. I was initially thinking to get the Parasound Halo A21 & A51 amps but those are huge and run somewhat hot I’ve heard. So the compact Classe Sigma series class D amps would make more sense to power overhead Atmos speakers.
I am using all those big Classe Delta series class AB amps for my front LCR and surround speakers. See full descriptions of my HT setup in my original post above.

What do you guys think of those Classe Sigma series class D amps to power the overhead Atmos speakers?