Best sounding "budget" integrated amp for Vandersteen 2C.

Looking for the best sounding "budget" integrated amp for use with an Vandersteen 2C (1980’s version) speakers. CD source alternates between a Sony PS1 and Cal Audio Icon II Power Boss. Budget is roughly $300, maybe up to $400. I’ve been thinking something from NAD, but with all the different models out there, I have no idea which models are the best sounding--regardless of power. It will also need to have a phono stage. I’d like to have a remote too, but it’s not a deal breaker. My system is in a second bedroom, so even though I like to crank every once in a while, most of the time I'm listening at reasonable levels. My listening tastes consists of stuff like Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Tangerine Dream, etc.
jsbach1685
Thank you all for the great recommendations! I have a lot of options to think about.

In my original post, I indicated NAD. But, I had been thinking about the Yamaha A-S models as well... 301, 500, 501, etc. I’m glad there were a lot of responses on those Yammy models, as I was curious as to what they really sounded like--compared to NAD, Rotel, as well as the British integrateds from Creek, Arcam and Rega.

Also, I may have some add’l funds to add to my budget as I just sold an extra CDP I had and was not really using it anymore. This might afford a new A-S501 or used A-S700. Or new NAD 326BEE or used Rega Brio R. 

I Agree with @teo_audio; but I'd go with the RA-1070.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ROTEL-200-Watt-RA-1070-Integrated-Amplifier/173427303684?hash=item286112a50...

I had a Rotel RX-1052 much preferred it to a NAD 7250 PE (not a fair match), a Creek (forget the model, but I think it was 100 watts and had great reviews) and decided that the difference in price was not worth the difference in SQ when I took it to Johnny Rutan's to do a side by side with a Belles Aria through ProAcs ....although the Aria was like magic with Vandy Teo CTs.
Consider this a strong second on the reccy to call John Rutan at Audio Connection ... nobody makes Vandies sound as good as those guys do.

owned the VAND 2c for many years.  the bad news first.  it requires POWER with a good damping factor from the amp.  It is rather inefficient.  around 86-87db.
it CANNOT produce low bass, so if you want that,  choke it at around 50-60hz and use a decent sub.

In my original post, I indicated NAD. But, I had been thinking about the Yamaha A-S models as well... 301, 500, 501, etc. I’m glad there were a lot of responses on those Yammy models, as I was curious as to what they really sounded like--compared to NAD, Rotel, as well as the British integrateds from Creek, Arcam and Rega.

Fun fact: the Yamaha integrateds were voiced in Britain.