HAVE ALL SALES STOPPED ON AUDIOGON ???

I haven't sold hardly anything in a month, is anyone else having that problem,or is it me........autospec
autospec
From a buyer's perspective the slow-down has largely selected out smaller, less well marketed companies because the prospect of reselling them is awful. Also the asking price for some models of electronics is incredibly high, higher than what they used to be in days of more frequent trading, and I commonly see the same items re-listed over a period of months with no change in price. I would never make an offer in that circumstance. The problem for is there is no longer decently established price, making buying with the potential to resell risky.
Ohala,

Excellent observation, however are you buying the equipment for reselling or are you buying it to enjoy it.  

Good Listening

Peter
I hold a real estate license and have often told sellers three things make your property sell: 1) people have to know your property is for sale; 2) it has to be presented in its best condition; 3) it has to be priced correctly. You can get the first two right and it won’t sell. Get the third right and it will. Anyone who wants to sell an audio item and says “I simply won’t sell it for X” is a victim of my third observation. The market simply doesn’t care. Now, fair enough that certain items might time to find the right buyer and patience is required, but otherwise price determines the velocity of the sale. You can always sell to the Music Room in Boulder, CO—I have many times—and you’ll avoid tirekickers and returns. But you might be surprised by how much your beloved item is worth. Recently I’ve purchased some Joseph Audio Pulsars and a REL S2 subwoofer. I think I made a good purchase (prices paid) but I’m savvy enough to think when I sell (no! These are the last speakers I’ll ever buy!), that accepting that if I achieve 80% of my purchase price that’s acceptable. So buy at 50% and sell at 40%? Reasonable. 
I am afraid I would have to disagree about pricing it right, I am sure a LOT of people here already have priced their items at less than they are traditionally worth and still not even tirekickers are coming out.
Now I did have a good laugh this morning, my 9.5 out of 10, $3600 speakers I have listed at $1499 got an offer.....of $500.Sort of says it all really.
If that is the state then you can gladly add me to the list of "i wont sell at X"
As in other areas, Digital Kills.  The audiophile obsession grew from the belief that there was magic embedded in the record groove, which justified medical-quality equipment to extract the very small ore, and of course you needed something with the mass of Hoover Dam as a stable base for the delicate instruments. Stylus shapes, Zen-like Japanese catridge designers, jewelry quality arms were all marshalled to extract the minute signal, which needed to be equalized, pre-amplified, and passed through more special instruments and cables to the speaker.  Being analog, there was always "better" and forever getting halfway nearer to the absolute. What glorious obsession and joy in that.  But alas, digital is just there, everywhere, all 1's and 0's and emotes so loudly it has to be attenuated, and just soul-killing efficient like so many other areas that digital conquers.