Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
what a great story.   actually i find moving small but heavy things like a big amp to be tough.  at least with a speaker, two people can carry it at the same time (if you are lucky enough to have someone to help).  I think however,  i will not ever own one of those behemoth Magico or Wilson speakers.  the 3.7's are mean enough to move around. 
PS: Boxing up the 2.7's with help from the guy that bought them,  was pretty easy.
Effort actually goes into minimizing the weight of the speaker. Each element: panels, braces, driver structures and diaphragms, etc. tries to get as stiff as possible per unit mass, in order to drive resonances higher in frequency where they are harder to stimulate, do less damage and are damped more quickly and effectively. Adding up all the mass-saving elements of the design process, the speaker is considerably lighter than it might have been without such attention.
Agree guys on the heavy stuff.  As we get older and “wiser” the heavy stuff seems to get...well heavier and less appealing.  And injuries last longer!

I am convinced my Mcintosh 501’s caused my hernia.  Probably not as hernias happen over time, but man they are heavy.  Like Ronkent mentions, amps are the worse.  The 501’s only weigh in at 98lbs but are so darn dense and compact it’s like lifting a boulder!

Agreed about amps. When I had to take my CJ monoblocks in for repair that was nasty. My back didn’t feel well for a while afterward.

And I know some of the giant solid state behemoth amps are a whole different ball game. You need to keep a spare forklift handy.

I was at a local dealer's and tried to lift a Constellation amp.   could not even budge it.  my PS amp weighs about 85 lbs and that is a gracious plenty.