What do people place on their platter for dust protection

Just wanted to hit everyone up for some responses. I'm tired of worrying about taking my pristine VM cleaned vinyl on a platter thats been idle for a week. I have a TT in which a dustcover woukd be inpractable. I hadnt googled for it yet. I just wanted to ask here. Plus I'm recovering from surgery and have some extra time.
128x128blueranger
@geoffkait ,

Oh, and yes, what you say about the forms of energies above being photons, I should likely stand corrected. But, what I think Alan is dealing with here is how all these things are interacting together in the home environment...the hows, whens, wheres and under what conditions - that may be where Alan is rewriting the book AFA AV-performance/longterm-health is concerned.
Please cut me some slack. I’m afraid the real answer is probably over Alan’s head. It’s not really a physics explanation, if you get my drift. Feel free to pm me.

“If I could explain it to the average person they wouldn’t have given me the Nobel prize.” - Richard Feynman 
Positive ions, in excess, may not be good for your health, but neither will negative be. It is all about balance and your body tries hard to maintain it. As far as impact on sound goes, these explanations are fun to read.
Uh, oh, it looks like our friendly non-audiophile tweak hater has another thing for his pseudo skeptic’s toolbox.

Laugh it a bit, give it a try
If I’m not impressed
You can still cry 😢

"It was concluded that ozone is not a lung carcinogen in strain A/J mice at those exposure levels. Moreover, this mouse strain appears to be particularly resistant towards chronic ozone toxicity."

It has nothing to do with covering the turntable mat, but as Harry Pearson was quoted and he has no means of explaining what he meant, it may be fair to emphasize a few things. The study may be correct only for those mice and for those exposure levels. It also mentions that the strain of mice may be particularly resistant towards unwanted ozone action. Both of those statements leave the possibility open that Harry Pearson was correct when talking about humans and/or longer exposure.

Interestingly enough, quick search on PubMed does not yield any recent work on ozone and cancer. All we seem to have is one study done twenty years ago in mice that appeared to be particularly resistant to begin with.

I suggest that "carcinogenic tendency of ozone" debate in the thread about covering the turntable mat ends with no clear winner.