Audio for the Young - Noho Sound

Just came across the website of Noho Sound and Stereo in NYC. They claim to be marketing to the under-30 crowd and believe they have come up with the right marketing formula. They are experienced NYC audio salesmen, so I guess they believe they know the market well enough to make this work. They are running weekly music events, presumably to attract the younger crowd to their store and then hoping they will buy a McIntosh amplifier or the like. Who knows? Certainly not me. They want to make owning this stuff hip for the young to own.  Look - Beats convinced people that $500 headphones were cool and every kid wanted a pair.  So it can be done.  

https://www.nohosound.com/
chayro
I fully support the movement of getting the next generation into hifi, after all they're the one's driving the return to vinyl. I remember 30 yrs ago when I tagged along with my dad to the local Hifi shop in South Portland, Maine. I was 12 and in heaven with all the boxes that did different things and curvy speakers. I bought my first gear there a few years later - used Acurus & PSB. Now he thinks I'm nuts as my current system costs more than his 2 cars but hey, he literally and figuratively created this monster...
Yes bait and switch them to death! If one in a thousand gets interested then that's a good thing. We need young  audiophiles, and I think the vinyl resurgence could push a few of them our way as mcsclipp says. Love what these guys are doing, I plan to visit next time I am up there it's not far from my GFs place.
Some "youngish" people around have shown interest in Uturn Audio, a local company that makes well designed and relatively inexpensive stuff. A good sign.