Audio Desk Ultrasonic Record Cleaner Onwers?

Howdy,

Reaching out to other Audio Desk owners here. I am wondering how often do change the rollers, filter and the fluid. Do you go by the pamphlets  or play by ear (no pun intended). I waited for about 150 records before changing the fluid and filter and the fluid was SUPER nasty. I think I will do 100 records now but of course, it depends on how dirty the records are to begin with.

Also, the pamphlet says "not to leave the fluid in the machine for long", which is completely subjective. If you have to drain the system every week (which by the way, is no simple task for a single person) how long do you have to wait to put it back?
smdb01us
@slaw
My Spin Clean rinse step does not use fluid or brush insert; just deionized water with a few drops of isopropyl.That is followed by a final rinse on the RCM using Reagent Grade water and vacuum.
I have had my AD cleaner now for a couple years and have cleaned hundreds of records. I do not have crud on the outside of the machine; still looks new.
Post removed 
I encourage ADS (or KLA) users to spend $15 on a TDS (total dissolved solids) meter and check the machine’s solution before and after each cleaning session. The solution on the record when the fan starts will evaporate, but whatever solids are in the water will dry on the record.

Don’t change solution based on a certain number of records - change it based on how dirty it is.

The solution gets dirty in a surprisingly short amount of time. The unit’s passive filter helps but only marginally so. Plus, the tank itself retains gunk (solids) record after record after record. All of the single slot desktop machines need active filtration with a fine-grained filter.

The ADS and KLA are okay - anything that encourages record cleaning is for the better - but as RCMs, they are second rate. I say this as an owner. I believe better alternatives are available for the same or lower cosr.
P.S. yiu can put the ADS rollers in a washing machine gentle cycle.  Rinse them thorougly afterwards and air dry.  Keep a spare set of rollers on hand for comparison.