DACs with a budget of $800

Hey All, 

I am considering getting a stand alone DAC for my digital streaming. My system as it stands now sounds a little forward to me. Soundstage depth is lacking. Separation, width and height appear appropriate, as does image density. I am currently running a Bluesound node 2 streamer in my main system. The rest of my system is as follows:

Sources: 
TV, JA Michele Gyrodec, Bluesound Node 2

Amp(s)
Red Dragon Audio M1000 Mk I monoblocks and sometimes I switch in my Anthem MCA 20

Preamp
Blue Circle 21.1

Tranducers
Spacial Audio M3 turbo s
GMA Continuum I's
Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1
Maggie MMG's
Paradigm Monitor Sub 12 (stereo pair)

as I said I am really looking for some depth and "air" in my sound stage but also highly value impact, extended sparkle on the top end, and punch.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

128x128birdfan
The NAD c165Bee is actually a very good preamp. It doesn't have the somewhat exaggerated midrange glow of my tube preamp in my other system but its quite balanced top to bottom with good soundstage and air. Your tube Blue Circle might give you that added "air" especially on vocals but remember it has twice as much output voltage; 20V vs. 10V, so keep that in mind when pairing it with your amp.  
@Kalali
Yes, the little budget pre has served me well and I agree with you about tonal balance. However, I think that my room presents some problems with the speakers I use most (Spatial Hologram). My room its 12 ft x 19 feet and my front wall is the long wall due to room set up/floor plan of my home. I get great separation left to right and good height, I just have almost zero depth. Sure tweaking the speaker placement is a big deal, but even when the speakers are optimized in my room the sound stage really 2 dimensional and very forward. I have never had any tube gear before and am excited to see what it can do for a three dimensional sound stage. 

I will send out updates and impressions after I get it running next week.

Oh and BTW I will be moving the NAD 165 to the bedroom system (Maggie MMGs. stereo REL t-7's, and an anthem MCA 20 for power). 
@erik_squires 
yes, +1 for the Schiit Gungnir Multiibit, can be bought used now. 
and remember that the Schiit price on their website is about 1/2 the price that it would be if it were sold in brick and mortar buildings-

Schiit sells direct to you, no middleman.

ben, in my experience, all things being equal, the biggest factor contributing to the soundstage depth is the distance of the speakers from the wall behind them, regardless of the speakers’ brand or model. With open baffles the affect is even more pronounced since they act as bi-polar transducers and create more sound pressure behind them when compared to typical box speakers. I personally don’t think the “electronics” will give you the depth you’re looking for. Other attributes maybe but not depth.