Speaker Help

I'm looking for speakers with a nice soft delivery. Meaning full range but not harsh. Some might say a lush midrange. I have a 13' x 16' room and can't use an extremely large speaker. On the other hand I want more than a monitor. I use an aesthetix calypso pre and a modified McCormack DNA-1 amp. Would be buying used. Speakers I have tried; Aerial 8, Vandersteen 2 old version, Gershman rx20 and Salk HT3.thanks for the help.
dpm2340
Keep away from rear ported speakers in that size room. That’s why I suggested the Spendor A5r ( 2 1/2 way ) with sealed woofers! I’ve owned that speaker and found it to be an excellent performer!

The A4s are rear ported but they really don’t need that much space. I heard them in a room similar to the OPs. They were only a couple feet from the walls and no bass boom or overhang whatsoever. They sound sort of like a ProAc/A5 love child.
What about Golden Ear Triton 2+s?  Based on what you say, this might be ideal.  Anything with a folded ribbon tweeter is worth a demo, IMHO.  The Triton Ones I heard were not at all bright, but still detailed.  The powered woofers will give you a lot of adjustability, and there is no rear port to make placement tricky.  They are a bit tall, but slim, so they don't have a huge footprint.  $3500/pr, MSRP.
@dpm2340 ,
The Vandy subs work with crossovers-
M5-hp or fixed impedance, they allow the amp to run more efficiently as well as offer a seamless transition between the main speakers and subs.
I own both a pair of 2w and 2wq's. I don't think you will find a better or less expensive way to get full frequency sound. Now that Vandersteen has introduced a new sub model, I would expect prices to fall. And, considering my 2w's are close to 20 years old and still functioning perfectly, I can attest to their build quality.
But, don't take my word, just visit a Vandy dealer.
B
We have nice 3 way Lexington 001 and Urban-001 by  Bache ,is fit to you budget ,