Best PC to use as a Server

Sure this one has been asked before but I couldn’t dig up anything recent and this stuff changes over time anyway.  I use a Mac Air but it apparently is out of HD.  It is 7 years old and has been stuttering badly lately, especially since I loaded Audirvana Plus and dbpoweramp.  
  I am interested in a Windows based PC, because I want to run a Windows based program called MusiCHI and I also would like to have an HDMI port, which Macs don’t offer afaik.  I won’t use it for much else, maybe for surfing, occasional downloads, etc.  I haven’t owned a Windows Computer for years but use them at work, where the Dell Laptops that we are given seem particularly crappy to me.
  My daughter had a Sony PC that I demoed in my system a few years ago that impressed me, but it seems that Sony has gotten out of that business.  Is there any particular brand that works well for music?
mahler123
The newer macs all use USB C for connections i bought a $8 connector to run hdmi out of my macbook pro
I can appreciate you wanting a Windows-based system. I use Ubuntu Linux on a $14 computer I bought at Goodwill (I use a $39 SSD in that).

I have 10 Tb of external drives and use that as my 'server'.

I use Raspberry Pi ($35) computers as endpoints on an SSH-network. (One has Allo-DigiOne SPDIF card, and another has Allo Boss DAC.)

The music player, Audacious is small, uses between 2-4% of the RasPi processor to play music. And it handles Classical music just fine.

Most folks are afraid of Linux, but for my 'bang for the buck', free open-source is the way to go.
It sounds like you’ve mastered some inexpensive workarounds and I salute you.  Unfortunately my IT skills are very limited, and I  don’t understand the bulk of your post.  I know what Raspberry Pi is but you lost me after that.  I do have a question about Audacious, however.  When you say it handles Classical Music, do you mean that it does a better job organizing Metadata than iTunes, et al?
And how do you rip CDs?
Regarding Linux—my understanding is that most Server/renderers, such as Bluesound, are Linux Computers.  Is that correct?
i