Do different routers affect sound quality

I have a simple question about network routers. I have been running a small laptop (Toshiba) thru a USB Regen to  my Ayon CD5s. The files have been stored on a WD Remote Hard Drive and connected directly to the Laptop via ethernet cable. I just recently received my OPPO 205 and have connected it to a verizon router as well as the WD hard drive.  I know there are high end ethernet cables out there but I never hear anyone mention the Routers. It would seem where the signal is going thru the Router that this would have and could have an impact on sound quality. Has anyone explored using different Routers and are there any suggestions? Which do you think is a better path USB from Laptop or Remote HD thru network Router  connected  to the OPPO?
capeman
Also, USB from Laptop is very good, but often the Laptop power supplies are crap. Same advice as above. Keep the power supplies away from your audio electronics. 
I have no idea if there is a sonic difference between routers, but I've read that some users are using a LPS instead of the stock wall-wart.
  Any thoughts about this?
@djones51 Cox supplied ubee modem/router > Asus OnHub Router > Google WiFi Mesh Router

Control point (for my audio video related LAN) is the Asus Router which is sub to the Cox router.
I use  strictly wifi connections.  Works great, sounds great.  Router is in a different room well separated from any hifi gear.   Simple and easy.  No wires, no worries. 
Ok thanks makes sense to me now. I  use an extender with a single lan port to connect my micromega m100 it doesn't have wifi.