Time to weed the LPs.... (choosing stuff to dump)

I am in the process (again, every few years) of weeding the Rock LPs. Going through newer stuff to decide to sell to my fav. record store, or keep.
I do this every few years to thin out the collection gradually. Eight years ago I did a major cull removing 6,000 LPs of 12,000 to move. Over the last six years I have cut that down to 4,500 (and probably buying 500 of those during that time).For all sorts of reasons it is a good project. Get rid of cobweb covered music I have no use for, (and maybe someone else wants) Frees up a small amount of cash to waste on more Stereo junk.The main thing is the collection gets better, more just what I really like.Anyone else clear out the junk now and then?(For the question already forming... and no I will not sell them here. I have bought tons of stuff at my fav. record store, I like them, and sell all my records to them.  LOL)
elizabeth
Hey, Schubert!  Of course I was Air Force!  Was it the checklist that gave it away?

i am always fighting that hoarding mentality.  Approaching 1500 records and I can’t imagine having 12000 and still being married. 

I rarely sell my records but did buy a Simon and Garfunkel record once at a garage sale.  Turned it was a rare mono print in mint condition and sold it on eBay for $165 to some guy in Austria.  
Elizabeth,  I love your comments about supporting your local record shop.  I have met a few skeezy ones, but for the most part they are salt of the earth types who love music.  I really developed my love of music and records through my local used record shop, the Record Connection in Waterville Maine.  I still stop by when visiting my parents and chat with the original owner Bob. 

Around here in southern Maryland I tend to frequent the flea markets.  Same philosophy applies; musics, friendship and support.  If I don’t want a record, and one of my flea market guys can make a buck off of it, then great.  
elizabeth,

Fiesty as always! 4,500 then...still a houseful. You asked for opinions, and now you have mine, or were you just rambling? You can do what you want (I’m sure you will, anyway). Remind me again, what was the purpose of this thread?
Post removed 
I try to support my LRS where possible as without him I would be stuck with online sources or rummaging through garage  and flea markets.
My LRS is the only worthwhile one within an hour drive and he is a true music lover and sells cassettes as well as vinyl.
Mostly rock and jazz, very little classical.
And the largest Elvis selection I have ever seen.
When I have found myself with duplicate vinyl from getting better copies etc he has always taken my stuff.
However I never get actual cash, he knows me better, just knocks it off whatever I buy instead......lol.
But we all should try to support our LRS where possible, we need them as,much as they need us!