“MQA is a philosophy”..John Stuart

Full quote- “In brief, MQA is a philosophy more than it’s ‘just a codec’. 
Your thoughts??
ptss
MQA is included with Tidal HiFI for $20. I am streaming from my iMac to Oppo205 now. It does't sound better than 44.1k/16bit. MQA is a compressed 192k/24bit format. No complaint.
@johnmuoio .. I ‘hear’ what your ears are telling you. However it seems you perhaps are unaware of the details in the mqa process. Simple old fashioned tone controls, that distorted the music in many ways, made a sound that many,using less than state of the art equipment, felt was better to them. No denying that. But the stated reason for using the name ‘master guality’ - authenticated yet! was to convey that the so named recordings represented the quality of the master recording. As you will learn,if you do a little research, is that nothing could be further from the truth! Scoundrels in England just like in America ..  ie liars.
The latest issue of TAS has a very favorable review of the Rossini, even more so with MQA material.
After reading the section on how dCS implements MQA for its OWN hardware, my interest in MQA is now reignited but only with regard to SQ of MQA vs non-MQA files played via the same dac. dCS seems to be the first company to implement MQA in this way.
The MQA-capable Rossini may just be the ticket to end all MQA debates based on SQ alone.

I posted the above in another thread. Is dCS getting it wrong about MQA?
I already own all the music I will ever buy. So, for me, MQA in meaningless. I own 4,500 LP, 2,500 CDs. I don't stream, I have all the music I will want. I have read the pros and cons of MQA. and I know the market will decide. Not some guy who dreams of making money, not some recording studio execs who dream of getting the cat back into the bag.. The Market. If enough folks buy processors with MQA, and buy enough music with it, MQA will win. If not ... MQA will lose. And not one argument or fact check or discussion makes a single bit of difference.  Just your DOLLARS. Did you buy? or not buy?
I voted, I bought a $7000 SACD/DAC without MQA this Summer.Enough said on my part.
I already own all the music I will ever buy. So, for me, MQA in meaningless. I own 4,500 LP, 2,500 CDs. I don't stream, I have all the music I will want. I have read the pros and cons of MQA. and I know the market will decide. Not some guy who dreams of making money, not some recording studio execs who dream of getting the cat back into the bag.. The Market. If enough folks buy processors with MQA, and buy enough music with it, MQA will win. If not ... MQA will lose. And not one argument or fact check or discussion makes a single bit of difference. Just your DOLLARS. Did you buy? or not buy?
I voted, I bought a $7000 SACD/DAC without MQA this Summer.Enough said on my part.

I am doing likewise - listening to my own music collection with a non-MQA dac, no streaming.

The only reason for me to think about MQA is for the next dac I buy - should it be MQA-capable or not? Will cross the bridge when I get there, I guess. :)