“MQA is a philosophy”..John Stuart

Full quote- “In brief, MQA is a philosophy more than it’s ‘just a codec’. 
Your thoughts??
ptss
The latest issue of TAS has a very favorable review of the Rossini, even more so with MQA material.
After reading the section on how dCS implements MQA for its OWN hardware, my interest in MQA is now reignited but only with regard to SQ of MQA vs non-MQA files played via the same dac. dCS seems to be the first company to implement MQA in this way.
The MQA-capable Rossini may just be the ticket to end all MQA debates based on SQ alone.

I posted the above in another thread. Is dCS getting it wrong about MQA?
I already own all the music I will ever buy. So, for me, MQA in meaningless. I own 4,500 LP, 2,500 CDs. I don't stream, I have all the music I will want. I have read the pros and cons of MQA. and I know the market will decide. Not some guy who dreams of making money, not some recording studio execs who dream of getting the cat back into the bag.. The Market. If enough folks buy processors with MQA, and buy enough music with it, MQA will win. If not ... MQA will lose. And not one argument or fact check or discussion makes a single bit of difference.  Just your DOLLARS. Did you buy? or not buy?
I voted, I bought a $7000 SACD/DAC without MQA this Summer.Enough said on my part.
I already own all the music I will ever buy. So, for me, MQA in meaningless. I own 4,500 LP, 2,500 CDs. I don't stream, I have all the music I will want. I have read the pros and cons of MQA. and I know the market will decide. Not some guy who dreams of making money, not some recording studio execs who dream of getting the cat back into the bag.. The Market. If enough folks buy processors with MQA, and buy enough music with it, MQA will win. If not ... MQA will lose. And not one argument or fact check or discussion makes a single bit of difference. Just your DOLLARS. Did you buy? or not buy?
I voted, I bought a $7000 SACD/DAC without MQA this Summer.Enough said on my part.

I am doing likewise - listening to my own music collection with a non-MQA dac, no streaming.

The only reason for me to think about MQA is for the next dac I buy - should it be MQA-capable or not? Will cross the bridge when I get there, I guess. :)

I have at least that many LPs and CDs/digital files, but I have to admit that MQA streaming of Tidal through Roon has been a revelation.  Roon core software does the first MQA unfold to 24/96 or 24/88.2, and you don't need an MQA DAC to hear the difference vs. 16/44.1.

Tidal has been poorly served by a marketing strategy focused on hip hop/rap.  The Tidal MQA library contains pretty much the entire '50s and post-bop jazz catalog of Blue Note, Impulse/Verve, Riverside, Prestige, as well as ECM from '70s to the present. Not to mention MQA of most of Bowie, Rod Stewart, Beach Boys, and many new release alt/indie hi-res artists like Father John Misty, Beach House, Calexico, etc. that I would have otherwise purchased on physical media.  For $20/month I'm all in. 

I agree with @elizabeth . I own all the music I will need. If I want to find an obscure recording I have free-Spotify. MQA will be a fad, nothing more