Headphone cable, what do you do?

I hope it is not just me but none of the headphones I have owned over last few years have long enough cable to reach from my headphone amp to my normal listening, lounging seat.

At present I have been using a fairly cheap 20ft extension cable I purchased off eBay but upon reflection could this be degrading the sq?

Surely I am not the only one in this situation so my question is what do you do? Your solution?
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xuberwaltz
Buy a pair of Stax headphones. They offer 25 ft. extension cords that are specifically designed to be used with Stax phones. I’m not a tech but I doubt that there is any loss of fidelity. I have two, one for each pair of phones. One is round, the other is flat. Obviously, I can’t speak to the sound quality of your current extension cord.
Quite happy with my audeze cans but I was thinking I cannot be the only one whose chair is not within 6 feet of the headphone socket!

My thoughts were along the lines is the cheap extension I am using hurting any sq at all or is it a null worry?
What model is your Audeze?

I purchased a good quality 15 foot headphone cable to replace the stock one I got with my lcd-x from Moon Audio.
Like almost everthing in Audio, if you are willing to pay you can get a longer Cable and one that will sound better. 
I suggest going to Head-FI . Org web site where all things headphones are discussed. Lot of threads on Cable up grades specific to a particular headphone.

David Pritchard