Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
In a moment of weakness I was ready to sell my Thiel CS2.4's. Long story short, I moved into a new room in house (which combines my listening room and my home office in an alcove of the room) and no matter what, I couldn't get the Thiel's to sound alive. They sound really clean and clear, but lacking "life"/"flesh & bones"/"joie de vivre".

I played around with the speaker distance, moving them further out from the front wall then I have ever had them and all of a sudden, the center locked into place and they sounded glorious. The bass is kind of missing in action though..

SOOOO.... I will add a pair of subwoofers. I'm playing around with an Epic Legend right now (which I happened to have sitting around) and although I can get it to blend reasonably well, there's times when I hear it. So what would you recommend that blends well? Unfortunately I think Thiel is out since you can't get the crossover very easily. Recommendations please! :-)
I thought about purchasing this PX02 Thiel passive XO that is made for my CS3.6 (just in case) or a CS6, but I'm so happy with my bass that I can never invision me needing a sub. Does anyone know what it would take to change this PX02 to work for a CS2.4? https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649444380-thiel-passive-crossover-px02/
jon- Rob Gillum at CoherentSource Service makes the PXO modification to match the Thiel speaker of your choice.

audiojan- your experience is classic: distance from the walls makes for better image and evenness, but those very walls were reinforcing the bass. In your situation a subwoofer makes sense . . . unless you can move the speakers out of the alcove into a more normal, rectangular space.

unsound - indeed. They are pigs to drive well. This year I have read and studied widely, and the over-arching problem of Thiel speakers is driving them. The amps referenced on this forum work and many of those are the amps Jim used in development. Krell fpb, Levinson monoblocs, big Bryston, big CJ, Classe DR. The common thread in those designs is their ability to deliver large current streams at high voltage without distress. Others here have recommended other amps, which are no doubt suitable, but I have not heard them. However, when an amp can't deliver the required current, the litany of complaints arises.
Welcome! audiojanas you discovered, once the CS 2.4 is dialed-in, magic happens.I look forward in reading more about your audio journey. A home's alcove can really add something special to any system. Placement is key.
Happy Listening!