Add streamer with quality sound to system for Tidal and portable drive

I want to add a streamer to my system, I am currently using a Dell laptop with a decent USB cable.

Will I be satisfied with a Node 2 streaming Tidal and plugging in a portable drive? I want to control from my phone. I don't need multi room access.

This is my equipment in terms of expectations: 

• Rogue 99 pre amp

• Rouge Ares phono pre amp

• Rogue m180 monoblocks

• SOTA Saphhire III

• Dynavector DV-20X

• Rega Saturn CD

• Linear Power Supply for DAC

• Brooklyn DAC

• Vandersteen 2CE

• Vandesteen 2W subs x2

mswobo
If you are only streaming Tidal, you can use your phone.  I have a Chord Hugo with bluetooth.  Easy to use and amazing sound.  
Well now elevick, I didn’t know that.  I have a Chord Hugo at my winter house so I’ll try that out.  I suppose then, I could also stream Radio Paradise via iPhone or iPad to the Hugo?
I think the general answer to your question is yes, adding a streamer for Tidal will likely be a satisfying upgrade over your current setup.  It was for me.  I was using an iMac, and then an optimized Mac mini as my digital front end in a couple of systems.  I purchased an Aurender N100H and it was a sizable upgrade in sound over the optimized Mac (running Audivarna).  In another system, I bought a Bluesound Node 2 as a streamer to again replace an optimized Mac mini front end. I’m running the Node 2 into an outboard DAC - again, pretty sizable improvement in sound quality.  

I’m guessing with your system, you’ll notice a pretty significant improvement too.
Best,
I have been using a Bluesound vault2 for near 2 years, mainly streaming tidal.
I very quickly figured out its weak spot was its built in DAC.
I output via spdif to a Brooklyn dac and I have no desire to look further.
On 24/96 and 192 files it is simply stunning in my system.
@uberwaltz, I concur with your post, but I wanted to add that for the money, the Bluesound DAC isn't too bad. I think they were wise in allowing users to output to a DAC of their choice. It really makes it incredibly versatile at a great price point.
Bob