Help with kef r900 issue

I bought a pair of kef r900 speakers from kefdirect in April 2018. I enjoy them most of the time, but with some vocals, e.g., Alan Jackson, Allison Krauss and Mary Chaplin Carpenter, at nearly any level, they sometimes make a ripping, tearing or distorted sound that is hard to describe. Initially, I used a McIntosh MC202 with 200 rms, and now a Rotel RB 1590, with identical results. Initially, I used a very old Transparent Musiclink cable and now a Transparent Plus, again with identical results. I’m about to dump these unless I can figure it out since KEF has no one in the NW to repair them and they advise against paying to ship them (I agree). Before I write them off as a bad bargain, theories are solicited! Thanks
128x128maritime51

My bad maritime51, while I knew that you had changed the speaker cables, I thought that they were all of the same brand.  Hope you sort it all out. 

Thanks. KEF appears to want a fight, and I’ll provide it to them so that others don’t stumble into this trap for the unwary such that substantively, the remedy is unduly burdensome or too harsh, and thus worthless.
I listened to your Mary Chapin Carpenter cut last night.  The speakers in situ at my summer home have aluminum dome teeters and I didn’t hear any nasty noises, but I will say that it is one bright recording.
A speaker with a silk dome tweeter would have a better chance of taming that recording.
It is moot for me. I believe what I believe as does KEF. If I can’t sell them to a local, Goodwill will pick them up.
Has anyone asked this question ? Could it be these specific recordings ( a handful ) ? Have you heard these recordings on another system ? I am only asking..... Enjoy ! MrD.