Planar/panel speakers to replace Carver Amazings

Hi All,

a while back, I posted a question titled “Secondary/“vintage” system speaker replacement options?” in this section. However, it didn’t get many responses.

However, perhaps the above simpler title will elicit more responses. Just trying again.

if you’d like more background info, please see the above titled post.

All the best and many thanks.
arsh
Somebody years ago was selling replacement ribbon drivers for the Carvers. Wish I could remember more! Why don't you call Madisound? Somebody there might be helpful!
Never heard the Carver Amazings but you should have a listen to the Sanders 10e system. Quick, transparent, tonally spot on.
My now-deceased friend had a pair of the Amazing Platinums. They did indeed sound awesomely good! Get yours repaired! The Sanders costs over $10K! The Carver ribbons are rather simple in design. A frame holding a front-and-back magnet array, with a Kapton plastic ribbon coated with a conductor sandwiched between! I'm in Florida. If I was closer I'd repair them for you!
You might have a wrinkled ribbon or a broken lead at one end!  Either is fixable! Don't throw them away!
Thanks guys! Robjerman, where is Madisound? My preference would absolutely be to have them repaired and just keep them. I did some research into that a while back, and I didn’t really get anywhere. Too bad you are not closer to MO.