I need your help. I have an ARC Ref 3, ARC 110, Vandersteen 5As, but no turntable.

I am looking for suggestions for phono amp, turntable, arm and cartridge to match my existing system. The ARC110 does not have a phono, so I am stuck as to what will pair best. Thanks for your thoughts. JMW
jaym759
Get a new Technics 1200 and a Hana SL mc cartridge. Phono stage can be a Project (very good value for the money). In fact the phono cartridge will have a bigger effect on SQ than any phono stage. Most of which all sound very good indeed! Only a snob would desire an expensive phono stage! Don't you be so foolish to waste thousands on a phono stage!
And the Hana SL mc for $700 is an excellent choice (rather than spending thousands on a Lyra, Van denHul, Myajima ... ). Truth!
Don't skimp on the phono stage.  I learned first hand this summer when my failing 25 year old phono amp needed to be replaced. I tried an inexpensive phono stage, gave it weeks to burn-in but the music just seemed to dribble out of it.  No dynamic swing, virtually no air around the notes and a small, unrealistic soundstage.

After trading that in ($895 unit), I moved up to a ($2300) phono stage.  Unbelievable difference.  The biggest positive surprise was how it's dynamic headroom minimizes the impact of tics and pops on the music,  Surface noise is just less noticeable.  

I am not saying there aren't very reasonably priced fine sounding units out there, the one I chose just couldn't get it done.
@roberjerman
" Only a snob would desire an expensive phono stage! Don’t you be so foolish to waste thousands on a phono stage!"

That’s a ridiculous statement!