So I just inherited a bunch of CD's and some are made overseas...

For instance, one is a King Crimson CD.  I have a copy made in the USA and another of the same made in Germany.   

I also have some classical dupes.  Same album, one made in the USA and the other is made in Japan.

Other than the liner notes which are in a foreign language, is there any difference between them sonically?  

Thoughts?
128x128curiousjim
Asking here for sonic differences via words is probably not the way to go. How about you listening to them and comparing? Just a thought.....
You can send me the foreign made CDs and any gold CDs. Thanks for your consideration.
So yes I did listen to them, and I heard no difference on my equipment.  And yes some have liner notes printed in other countries.  I even have one that's made in the USA, but the liner notes were printed in Canada. The King Crimson disk I mentioned was made and printed in Germany. Is the value the same as the one made and printed in the U.S? 

Other than the WEA disks and perhaps disks made and printed in France, Japan and Germany, are there any others I should not get rid of?

Thanks.

JD

If it were me, I would keep any Mobile Fidelity, DCC (gold discs), and the ones from Japan. 60’s and 70’s rock would suit me but may not be for you. Since they’re not mine, you’ll have to decide for yourself. Best of luck.