Can someone point me in the right direction? LP player / Preamp / Dragonfly Red...

Relative newbie here.  I want to add a TT and start enjoying Vinyl.  Was looking at the AT-LP120 and have been reading up on pros/cons.  The built in preamp seems to be a low point, many have removed it though.  If I were to got this route, could I then input the sound directly into my iMac and out through my Dragonfly Red to my Amp?  

I have pretty descent sound right now from Audirvana / Dragonfly Red / (Sony 2 channel Amp (next upgrade) / Infinity Kappa 8.1's

Or should I output the LP player directly to the Amp?

Thanks for any guidance!
aqueousaris
The Onkyo is a good choice! I am a fan of their older gear! Is the Sony an integrated amp and are you using its volume control?
If you can afford it, get the Pioneer PLX1000 DD TT. Brand new $699 + free shipping from American Musical Supply. Excellent TT. Comparable to the old Technics 1200. I bought one. I wanted to try a brand-new TT. I put a Denon 103R mc cartridge on it. I like it very.much! 
For sound and build quality it beats any other under $1K TT! I have posted about it before on this site!
If your Sony has a phono stage, keep and use it. If not, add a Bellari tube phonostage ($350). No real need to discard the Sony!
Sony is a cheap STR-DH100 but it actually sounds pretty good.  I have the volume set to 50 and control the output via my computer.  I let Audirvana and DragonflyRed do all the SQ stuff. 

I have to beleive that the Onkyo Int would make a big difference in my sound.  Just hard to drop $400 when my setup sounds pretty damn good right now.  But I want a TT and that changes things...  

I actually prefer the idea of getting the AT-LP120 and upgrading bit by bit.  I know I would spend more over time but its easier to hide from the wife!  ;)  The Pro-jec Debut Carbon has great specs, but am not a fan of the look...  And to get a mint Technics 1200 would be like $1000+ so probably not going to work for me.

Researching if there is even a way to "input" Audio into my IMac 27" 2012 at all anyways.  I thought I could but not sure now.