Can someone point me in the right direction? LP player / Preamp / Dragonfly Red...

Relative newbie here.  I want to add a TT and start enjoying Vinyl.  Was looking at the AT-LP120 and have been reading up on pros/cons.  The built in preamp seems to be a low point, many have removed it though.  If I were to got this route, could I then input the sound directly into my iMac and out through my Dragonfly Red to my Amp?  

I have pretty descent sound right now from Audirvana / Dragonfly Red / (Sony 2 channel Amp (next upgrade) / Infinity Kappa 8.1's

Or should I output the LP player directly to the Amp?

Thanks for any guidance!
aqueousaris
If you can afford it, get the Pioneer PLX1000 DD TT. Brand new $699 + free shipping from American Musical Supply. Excellent TT. Comparable to the old Technics 1200. I bought one. I wanted to try a brand-new TT. I put a Denon 103R mc cartridge on it. I like it very.much! 
For sound and build quality it beats any other under $1K TT! I have posted about it before on this site!
If your Sony has a phono stage, keep and use it. If not, add a Bellari tube phonostage ($350). No real need to discard the Sony!
Sony is a cheap STR-DH100 but it actually sounds pretty good.  I have the volume set to 50 and control the output via my computer.  I let Audirvana and DragonflyRed do all the SQ stuff. 

I have to beleive that the Onkyo Int would make a big difference in my sound.  Just hard to drop $400 when my setup sounds pretty damn good right now.  But I want a TT and that changes things...  

I actually prefer the idea of getting the AT-LP120 and upgrading bit by bit.  I know I would spend more over time but its easier to hide from the wife!  ;)  The Pro-jec Debut Carbon has great specs, but am not a fan of the look...  And to get a mint Technics 1200 would be like $1000+ so probably not going to work for me.

Researching if there is even a way to "input" Audio into my IMac 27" 2012 at all anyways.  I thought I could but not sure now.
If your Sony has a phono stage, keep and use it. If not, add a Bellari tube phonostage ($350). No real need to discard the Sony!

No phono stage on the Sony.  I will check out the Bellari - thanks!  At 350 though, its almost the Onkyo Int. which has the phono stage and LOTS of other SQ enhancing features.  

I guess there really is no point to running the Vinyl through my Computer to increase SQ via the DAC if I get a descent amp with a Phono stage right?  Especially if I have to buy converters and gear to do it?

Guess I was hoping for a shortcut to afford a TT now and get good-enough sound that I could upgrade later.  :(