Planar/panel speakers to replace Carver Amazings

Hi All,

a while back, I posted a question titled “Secondary/“vintage” system speaker replacement options?” in this section. However, it didn’t get many responses.

However, perhaps the above simpler title will elicit more responses. Just trying again.

if you’d like more background info, please see the above titled post.

All the best and many thanks.
arsh
bdp24.  Please take this the right way.  Nothing is the best value or the best, unless the person listening feels it is. To you it is, but to many it's not. I have owned a pair for a short period of time and have heard the latest variant.  It's a great value and a good speaker to my ears too, but I like some others better. I personally don't care about what others think about a component as that's their ears in their system in their home.  That's the caveat about all gear obviously.   

There are many speakers in that price range that are outstanding and loved by many, but it's a great suggestion of course and most often forgotten by many of us.  I too would put that on my short list if I had remembered to.  It's a great option.  Again I hope I said that the right way.  Nothing negative meant.  Thanks.
From my memory: Boehlender-Grabner made ribbon speakers and offered drop-in replacement ribbons for the Carvers. 
surely a call to the wizard of Lake Stevens ( aka Bob himself ) might yeild a name of somebody supporting his old products ?????
There is a pair of Carver Amazings for sale on ebay a guy restored. It sows they would ship from Bowling Green, KY you might email him and see if he would be willing to fix yours. Not sure how far away you are in MO from Bowling Green. 
Thanks guys for all the helpful responses. Tomic601, I did in fact correspond with Carver himself many months ago, and in fact it seems there is no factory support for these speakers; he mentioned one person he knew of who might be doing repairs, but I think he had quit doing it. I found one other hobbyist (in NC if I recall correctly) who said he could try it but strongly recommended that if I could live with it he way it is to do so.