Can someone point me in the right direction? LP player / Preamp / Dragonfly Red...

Relative newbie here.  I want to add a TT and start enjoying Vinyl.  Was looking at the AT-LP120 and have been reading up on pros/cons.  The built in preamp seems to be a low point, many have removed it though.  If I were to got this route, could I then input the sound directly into my iMac and out through my Dragonfly Red to my Amp?  

I have pretty descent sound right now from Audirvana / Dragonfly Red / (Sony 2 channel Amp (next upgrade) / Infinity Kappa 8.1's

Or should I output the LP player directly to the Amp?

Thanks for any guidance!
aqueousaris
A-9050 specs:
8 ohm 2 x 75 W/Ch
4 ohm 2 x 65 W/Ch

How can that be??

A-9010 specs:
8 ohm 2 x 44 W/Ch
4 ohm 2 x 60 W/Ch

(these specs are direct form Onkyo USA site)  
https://www.onkyousa.com/Products/prod_class.php?class=Amplifier&source=globalnav

TBH, in the world of amplifiers, that is a negligible difference in power between the 2 models.
  We've established that your Kappa's are basically a 4 ohm speaker, so we are not interested in the 8 ohm spec of 75 wpc. The speakers will be drawing higher current from the amp which relates to the 4 ohm spec. So the 9010 is rated at 60wpc and the 9050 is 65wpc,  they are basically the same power, even at 8 ohms. The difference between them is extra features on the 9050.

The Power Rating of the 8.1 is 40 to 300 watts RMS. That is a wide range and it would be to your benefit to move up to higher power and not be near the recommended minimum.
I agree.  Anyone know of a higher power Amp in the 400-500 range that is of some descent quality?  I don't need a Receiver, just an Integrated Amp, or a 2 Channel Amp.  

And isn't it strange though on the A-9050 that the 8 ohm rating is higher than the 4 ohm rating?  Shouldn't that be the other way around?
Suggest you look for a used integrated in the classified section or on US Audio mart dot com.