Can someone point me in the right direction? LP player / Preamp / Dragonfly Red...

Relative newbie here.  I want to add a TT and start enjoying Vinyl.  Was looking at the AT-LP120 and have been reading up on pros/cons.  The built in preamp seems to be a low point, many have removed it though.  If I were to got this route, could I then input the sound directly into my iMac and out through my Dragonfly Red to my Amp?  

I have pretty descent sound right now from Audirvana / Dragonfly Red / (Sony 2 channel Amp (next upgrade) / Infinity Kappa 8.1's

Or should I output the LP player directly to the Amp?

Thanks for any guidance!
aqueousaris
I agree.  Anyone know of a higher power Amp in the 400-500 range that is of some descent quality?  I don't need a Receiver, just an Integrated Amp, or a 2 Channel Amp.  

And isn't it strange though on the A-9050 that the 8 ohm rating is higher than the 4 ohm rating?  Shouldn't that be the other way around?
Suggest you look for a used integrated in the classified section or on US Audio mart dot com.

I visited a pretty amazing HiFi store today (was in AWE of all the gear connected and on display - stuff that's way out of my league unfortunately).  The owner was really knowledgeable and we spoke for some time about my setup and where I was trying to get.  I advised me to get the TT and a preamp now and start enjoying the LP's, then worry about the Amp later...  I bashed everything that wasn't American or British made lol and recommended the Rega P1 and Rega Fono Mini to get me into the game.  His prices were good and I want to support him.  I left convinced of his wisdom, but thought I ask here for input on that trajectory.  TT now and Amp later???  

lowrider57 TY for that link!  Bookmarked.
I advised me to get the TT and a preamp now and start enjoying the LP's, then worry about the Amp later...  I bashed everything...

That should read "He" and not "I" in both instances above.  No idea how that happened
Just thought I would give an update: I am enjoying music! I ended up getting the PLX 1000 and an Audio Technica VM760SLC Cartridge. I have a Pro-Ject Tube Box DS as a preamp and I just rolled my first tubes into it, a matched pair of 12AX7 Sylvania/Baldwin Reference Plus Grade NOS Tubes circa 1954 (only 10 hours on them and the sound is already warmer, smoother, with more texture through the midrange). My only issues have been STATIC! I have a funk firm achromat on order, as well as KAB dampener. Oh, and I also just bought a Yamaha AS801 which is in the mail. Can’t wait for that to arrive! I think I need a record washer to help get the static down... Anyhow I wanted to let you all know where I’m at and say thank you for all the help!  I've come a long way in a month.  :)