Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
tmsrdg - for what it's worth, you might offer those 2.2s to this group first. I know it's all vaporware until we have real upgraded speakers for comparison and review, but I anticipate significantly better sound from the new hot-rodded 2.2s.
Tom,
Sure. Of course I want my old speakers to find a knowing and happy home. I am thinking currently that I will hang on to them and get the upgrades done, and then sell (unless they turn out to be better than the 3.7, hard to imagine, though...). I’m very curious as to what changes will transpire!
Todd
Tomthiel,
My experience is exactly as you say; Thiels need high current power. My 2.4’s woke up when I hooked up an fpb 300 Krell. I had 2.2’s for years, then 2.3’s and finally 2.4’s. I am convinced that I under powered them all, even with the PM 2000 EAD, which was not a high current amp. I used Krell 250 monos with CS6’s which worked well, 
I think I just talked myself out of a pair of 3.5’s, as I realized I need to get a high current amp, despite the good price for the 3.5’s.
michaeljbrown

Good to see you. Thank You for sharing your story w the Krell power amp.  Hope you are enjoying the CS 2.4 loudspeaker. It is very fine indeed.  Happy Listening!
Todd - Hard to imagine, indeed. The x.7 drivers are really something special, plus all the accumulated knowledge / growth in the functionality of the enclosure.

michael - very true. The power hunger is, in my opinion, the primary limiting factor to musical performance for Thiel speakers. I was very surprised how much better the Krell FPB-600 performed than the 300. If a new entity emerges to take Thiel designs into the future, I would explore replacing the voice coils for 4-ohm minimum impedance in the extant motor structures and crossover topologies. I believe the trade-offs would be solidly net-gain. Presently, only a few very expensive amps do a good job. All the complaints like "wimpy mid-bass, unauthoritative deep bass, congested crescendos", etc. are symptoms of inadequate current delivery. Buy the high-current amp. What are you considering? I am considering the PSaudio BHK-300 pair to contrast my Class´DR-9 pair.