Just wanted to introduce myself.

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ryan. I'm a young reel to reel and vinyl fanatic. I have several TEAC reel to reels, my favorite is my A-3340S. My username is my nickname, as I have a lisp on "S," which resembles a snake's hissing. Anyway, just wanted to say hey.
Thanks,
Ryan (Or Kaa, or Snake, whatever you want to call me. :) )
128x128kaathesnake
@mantaman Thank you for the welcome. :) Yes, the Revox A77 is a nice deck. I like it. The TEAC A-6010 is also a nice deck.
Thanks,
Ryan
@bdp24 Wow! You tried to get to Brian’s mansion, eh? That was a daring attempt! Brian is a very kind fellow. He’s getting very frail and old, but he’s still rocking! I hope to meet him someday, and spend some time with him out in Beverly Hills. Yes, the TEAC A-2340 is a good deck. I like the A-3340S better, since it has 10.5" reel compatibility and runs at 15 IPS, but still that is a good deck. :)

Ryan, being as into Brian as you are, you may have met the members of his band, some of whom were in a Pop group named The Wondermints. Before they joined Brian they had a member named Brian Kassan, who played bass in the group. Kassan felt they weren't including enough of his songs in their set, so left to start his own group, Chewy Marble.

I met Kassan when we both played in the band that backed Emitt Rhodes for his first live performance in over twenty years, at The Poptopia Festival in the late 90's. When Chewy Marble "let go" their original drummer, Brian contacted me, and I ended up playing on about half the songs on their second album, Bowl Of Surreal. Kassan's a mighty fine songwriter himself.

Hey Ryan, thanks for listing your studio gear. I'm very impressed. I have visions of George Martin working in your studio.

Have you heard of The Tape Project? They are committed to high-end analogue music production.

This is all so interesting Ryan. I had a Sony TC-558 for many years and used it to make mix tapes of songs on albums. The sound quality was great. I'm all digital now but I love reading about this and have great memories of my machine and those days.