A DAC that crushes price vs. performance ratio

I felt strongly that I wanted to inform the Gon members about a new DAC that ranks with the very best on the market regarding performance, but costs around $2,000.00.  The Lab12 DAC1 SE was compared to three reference level DACS that retail for over $12.000.00 in my review for hometheaterreview.com and was at least on the same level sonicly, if not better.  This DAC from Greece is not just "good for the money" but competes with virtually anything on the market regardless of price!

For all the details about the Lab12 DAC1 SE performance and what other DACS it was compared to take a look at the review.  If you are shopping/looking for a new digital front end to drive your system, you owe it to yourself to check this DAC out, unless you like to spend tons of more $ without getting better performance.
teajay
Hi mrdon,

I never comment on things I'm ignorant about.  I have never heard your Prism Sound Callia DAC.  If your totally satisfied with what it does for your system, then by all means enjoy it.

I have no idea what other DACs you have heard/auditioned in your system.  I know I have auditioned some of the highest regarded DACs, regardless of price, to come to my conclusion regarding the Lab 12's performance.  So, can I "guarantee" you will like it better then your present DAC, is kinda a silly question.  If you share what other DACs you have listened to, I then could give a reasonable perspective of what you might expect from the Lab 12 that would be different and maybe better then your present piece.
Post removed 
Teejay, one must question your motives and possible industry wide biases.

This dac virtually unknown is now crowned by you the greatest thing since sliced bread the same way you came out on the Tektons and a couple of other items.

Hey we've heard the Tekton's they are suberb loudspeakers for the price however, they do have a few serious flaws that in our opinion keeps them great at the price rather than being the giant killers that you say they are.

Unless many other "reviewers" come out and say the same thing your pronouncement looks like a paid endorsement for you to help create the same kind of frenzy you started with Tekton and with a few other products.

We agree that professional reviewers should stay off these forums, the fact that many reviewers don't pay a dime for their equipment as it is on "extended permenant loan" speaks a lot about the veracity of the industry or if they pay for their gear they pay a tiny fraction of what a dealer would pay. 

Have you guys ever wondered how a few writers in this industry without wall street jobs manage to afford $200k worth of high end gear?

Nuff said.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

@audiotroy As you know, I’m supportive of you and I have gone to bat for you when I’ve felt you have been unfairly attacked.

I find your post (above) out of line.

Each reviewer has a style and preference all of their own and I’ve found Terry’s to be about finding components that punch above their price point. I see his mission as bringing attention to products that those with ’lesser’ budgets can build amazing systems around.

I know you to be excited and proud of the product lines you carry and unrestrained in your advocacy of them. I RESPECT that.

Just saying to consider respecting the same from another person within the industry.

Having said that, I appreciate what both you and Terry bring to the forum, in your own unique ways. Your and his contributions are valued by this member.