A DAC that crushes price vs. performance ratio

I felt strongly that I wanted to inform the Gon members about a new DAC that ranks with the very best on the market regarding performance, but costs around $2,000.00.  The Lab12 DAC1 SE was compared to three reference level DACS that retail for over $12.000.00 in my review for hometheaterreview.com and was at least on the same level sonicly, if not better.  This DAC from Greece is not just "good for the money" but competes with virtually anything on the market regardless of price!

For all the details about the Lab12 DAC1 SE performance and what other DACS it was compared to take a look at the review.  If you are shopping/looking for a new digital front end to drive your system, you owe it to yourself to check this DAC out, unless you like to spend tons of more $ without getting better performance.
teajay
To address some of the concerns raised by Audio Doctor NJ:

1) As a professional reviewer I do get the industry peak at buying at a reduced price the piece of equipment I have evaluated.  However, for you to imply that I'm "on the take" or am beholden to any company is an attack on my honesty/integrity.  You have ever right to make this claim.  Anything I have ever written as a reviewer or GON member is based totally on how I hear what a piece of gear has to offer, not because someone is buying me off.

2) Your response to my opinion on this DAC reminds me of the same BS that was leveled at me regarding my review and GON posts on the great Tekton Design Speakers.  Companies, retail stores, and some owners of other gear hate when a competing product comes out for a lot less money then their's which is at least as good if not even a better performer.  I don't know what DACs you sell, but I'll bet you are not a Lab 12 retail dealer, therefore you have the personal interest to protect your sells, not me.

3) I had been a long time Gon member way before I got into reviewing.  I consider this my "home" to share and help/befriend other members looking for ways to improve the sound of their system.  My greatest pleasure is to share, through my reviews/posts killer performing/well built gear that cost pennies on the dollar compared to the "big boy" companies that can afford to advertise and inflate their prices to bizarre levels.  My role model for this is Sam Tellich, the Audio Cheapskate, who is now retired from professional reviewing.  It's been a joy to review and share information on Tekton Design, AricAudio, Linear Tube Audio, Backert Labs, all great people and gear for music lovers sold at sane prices for blue collar folks like me.  
@nonoise + others.  When the Lab12 Gordian achieves some wider market penetration, I think it may then be recognized as a true sleeper in the product category.
I left out one more comment that was leveled at me by the boys at the Audio Doctor NJ.

Since my review on the Double Impact Speakers there has been over seven five star reviews all over the place agreeing how terrific Eric Alexander's break through designs are and how they compete with anything on the market.  I guess I'm part of the "DARK WEB" conspiracy to get you and the president.
In the hands of a skilled designer who loves music, the 1541 and 1543 DAC Chips with NOS or filtering yields a more natural sound similar to vinyl without the added artifacts.

More skills are required in implementing a robust power supply, passive or active I/U or I/V conversion stages, tube selection and mating the correct receiver to the DAC Chip.

It appears that even DS designers are going back to the drawing boards with R2R/NOS but SW1X Audio Design, Audio Note, Border Patrol and Lab12 have done their research and are giving these $10K+ DAC companies something to think about! 

Wig
Post removed