A DAC that crushes price vs. performance ratio

I felt strongly that I wanted to inform the Gon members about a new DAC that ranks with the very best on the market regarding performance, but costs around $2,000.00.  The Lab12 DAC1 SE was compared to three reference level DACS that retail for over $12.000.00 in my review for hometheaterreview.com and was at least on the same level sonicly, if not better.  This DAC from Greece is not just "good for the money" but competes with virtually anything on the market regardless of price!

For all the details about the Lab12 DAC1 SE performance and what other DACS it was compared to take a look at the review.  If you are shopping/looking for a new digital front end to drive your system, you owe it to yourself to check this DAC out, unless you like to spend tons of more $ without getting better performance.
teajay
Post removed 
+1 david_ten   Audiotroy doesn’t get it. On another current thread, manufacturers, Roger Modjeski of Music Reference and Ralph Karsten of Atma-Sphere, are discussing circuit design. Having the participation of all these audio pros - dealers, reviewers, manufacturers, designers, etc - is what makes Audiogon special. Forums for end-users only gets old real fast.

@teajay   Please keep up the good work of letting us know about gear that we would never have heard about otherwise. You’re providing a valuable service. BTW, I love my CF DAC 040BD. I’ll definitely be keeping it for awhile.
Reviewers, Dealers- in either case it’s a conflict of interest waiting to happen. Obviously, anyone can put up a post, with or without a statement of their ties to the industry. But I submit that this forum is for end-users (audiophiles and music lovers), who buy/sell/trade gear.
teajay,
I personally believe that your motive in starting this thread was to share your excitement about the performance of the Lab 12 DAC, and your belief that it would save interested members a lot of money. Period.
If I am considered gullible for that, fine.
@teajay,

Thanks for taking the time to post and share with us here on Gon. I have been doing research on dacs and what may be my first purchase of a dac is the ’LitedacAH for under $200’. All because of the post made here by @ahendler.

Some of us here or should I say a lot of us here on Gon don’t have as much disposable income as others and It’s something I can buy for not a lot of money an educate myself on what a dac is and how best to use it and at a later date maybe upgrade.

I have been fortunate enough to have found out about some not to expensive ’giant killers’ here on Gon such as the Parks Audio Budgie Phono preamplifier for $399 and the matched pair of NOS Telefunken E88CC/6922 vacuum tubes I got for the Budgie cost more than the Budgie itself! But the total cost, was less than $900.

Just 2 weeks ago here on Gon I bought 1 pair of clear day cable interconnects and 2 pair of clear day cable 8’ double shotgun speaker wire for less than $500! And I would have never even heard of clear day cable if not for audio/hifi enthusiasts like teajay the op and ahendler posting here on Gon.

So please forgive me for not staying on topic as I appreciate it very much when someone takes the time out of their busy life (as in get a life!) to share with us here - some positive (as in not negative!) audio/hifi vibes, indeed.

PS: I'm still looking for 1 more pair of clear day cable interconnects. So if anybody out there in Gon land has a pair for sale...PM me!☺