I need your help. I have an ARC Ref 3, ARC 110, Vandersteen 5As, but no turntable.

I am looking for suggestions for phono amp, turntable, arm and cartridge to match my existing system. The ARC110 does not have a phono, so I am stuck as to what will pair best. Thanks for your thoughts. JMW
jaym759
What @rauliruegas is trying to describe has been worked out over 50 years ago and has been generally a non-factor for the last 49 years. Any decent phono stage will handle RIAA EQ with aplomb.

And the phono circuit is all about good design and refinement. There is no such thing as a single all-encompassing constant such as @rauliruegas claims in his financial self-interest of solid state over tubes. It’s ALL about circuit design and refinement.
Hi jaym759,
My suggestion is don't buy expensive turntable mine am using audio technica without built in preamp.you can use ortofon cartridge and use separate tube phono preamp and tube preamplifier ,you can have good sounds quality in your system.

Enjoy..

Dear @bagadiong: """  ortofon cartridge and use separate tube phono preamp and tube preamplifier ,"""

which are your reasons or in what resides your foundation to posted that statement?

I mean tube electronics instead SS ones and why separates and not a phonolinepreamp.

Which advantages gives the tube in a phono stage against a SS unit?  which advantages gives separates units against an integrated one?

Thank's in advance, your answers very appreciated.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.