Kef R series or Tannoy Revolution Series?

Hello folks!
In my never ending search for the perfect sound, given my limited budget...

Currently I am using a pair of Paradigm Monitors I bought in the late eighties and shockingly they still sound great to me but am in the "upgrade itis" situation, amp is the Primaluna Dialogue Premium Integrated. 

I am considering 2 speakers, the Kef Q 750 and the Tannoy Revolution XT 6F.
Can anyioe advise, have you heard both? 
I understand that the Kefs are the absolute entree level, but with 2 kids in college, that's the budget boys and girls!

Let me know what you all think please!
128x128eag618
Side note / Rant:

Why are you considering the Q series? I always thought they were a terrible design.

Correct me if I’m wrong… But when you’re using passive radiators, the radiator is recommended to be twice the surface area of the active driver, which would be fine if both the passive radiators KEF is using in the Q towers were in the same chamber as the woofer, but they are not. KEF uses one radiator for the mid-woofer (Part of the Uni-Q or what have you) in the top chamber and the other radiator for the woofer in a separate lower chamber, so the surface area of the radiators is equal to it’s corresponding active driver.

That aside, the passive radiators are both facing in the same direction as the active drivers which causes them to be out of phase with the active drivers.  Then, ON TOP OF THAT, the two chambers are different sizes, so the radiators are reacting at different times because the air pressure is different in each cabinet. So now you have the two active drivers moving forward as a positive signal is applied to them, the two radiators now both move inward, BUT at two different speeds because of the different amounts of air pressure in the different sized cabinets. In slow motion this speaker must look like total chaos.

Now… In THEORY, radiators act as ports, not as cones, so, in THEORY phasing should not be a problem. But I just don’t buy it. I don’t see how any of this is a good design. It looks like a mess that someone threw together. The Q series bookshelves all look great to me, but I have no leads on their thought process when it came to turning those bookshelf ideas into floorstanders. Somewhere, something went terribly wrong. Or maybe not, maybe it's fantastic and I just don't understand it.

I stand corrected.  In reading the review Audiotroy posted the Newer Q series (50's) have a proper 2:1 ratio for the radiators, which now both occupy the same chamber as the woofer.  Much better.  
eag618

"I am not sure anyone can keep natural boards flat enough to make solid wood cabinets "

Check out Daedalus speakers
@ 10000_hz_legend

"Side note / Rant:

Why are you considering the Q series? I always thought they were a terrible design.

Correct me if I’m wrong… But when you’re using passive radiators, the radiator is recommended to be twice the surface area of the active driver, which would be fine if both the passive radiators KEF is using in the Q towers were in the same chamber as the woofer, but they are not. KEF uses one radiator for the mid-woofer (Part of the Uni-Q or what have you) in the top chamber and the other radiator for the woofer in a separate lower chamber, so the surface area of the radiators is equal to it’s corresponding active driver.

That aside, the passive radiators are both facing in the same direction as the active drivers which causes them to be out of phase with the active drivers. Then, ON TOP OF THAT, the two chambers are different sizes, so the radiators are reacting at different times because the air pressure is different in each cabinet. So now you have the two active drivers moving forward as a positive signal is applied to them, the two radiators now both move inward, BUT at two different speeds because of the different amounts of air pressure in the different sized cabinets. In slow motion this speaker must look like total chaos.

Now… In THEORY, radiators act as ports, not as cones, so, in THEORY phasing should not be a problem. But I just don’t buy it. I don’t see how any of this is a good design. It looks like a mess that someone threw together. The Q series bookshelves all look great to me, but I have no leads on their thought process when it came to turning those bookshelf ideas into floorstanders. Somewhere, something went terribly wrong. Or maybe not, maybe it’s fantastic and I just don’t understand it."

This is incorrect, The newer Q series Uni-Q driver is sealed(no bass radiator). Both bass radiators are now paired with the single LF driver.

I think you where referring to the older design which i agree wasn’t the best . But the newer Q series are phenomenal for the price and often on sale (20-30% OFF)

note* i  only noticed your corrected response later one :)