Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
sandy - I went through this exercise as I acquired a single sub and added another. In order to get true stereo bass information, you need 2 crossovers, since each is receiving signal from its prospective channel and outputting to its respective subwoofer. There are other ways to get summed mono bass with 1 XO which I have not investigated. Stereo bass through the SS2s is quite believable / satisfying.

I’m setting up my 2.4’s with a SS2 and an Integrator. Ill post my impressions once it’s up and running
I’m looking at a pair of  Thiel 1.5‘s vs. a pair of 3.5’s for the same money.. I can pick up the 3.5’s in Houston, which ain’t close, as this is Texas. the smaller guys have to be shipped. 
Room is Trapezoid shaped with speakers at 8’ wall facing a 20’ back wall, 15’ wide, about 12 ‘ to the listening position, room is 20’ long. Have not heard either one, but have owned a number of Thiels.
Which one should I get? Haven’t heard either one. I know the 1.5’s are smaller. I’ve had all the 2’s and the 5 & 6.
michaeljbrown
Good to see you.  There are several 3.5 experts here, hopefully they will chime-in to answer your query.  One or two still may own the 1.5 as well.
Happy Listening!