A song murdered by someone.

Is there a cover version of a song you like by the original artist that has been in your ears truly murdered by a covering artist?
Mine is 'Everybody Knows' by Leonard Cohen, absolutely murdered by Barb Jungr.

128x128gawdbless
I've had to drop a couple of dramamines reading this thread. The room keeps spinning though...
It’s hard to listen to any group trying to rework a Beatles standard. I don’t want to be cruel, but some are really pathetic. You can hear them regularly on the Beatles channel on XM Radio.
I don't think all artists should be shamed for bad remakes, or at least so much.  Lots of times it seems that there were pressures on them to do songs that made them seem, well, misguided, e.g., 

• Tony Bennett: Tony sings the great hits of today!
  • Ella Fitzgerald sings Beatles stuff, e.g., "Hard Day's Night" 

And in a different category altogether:

Eleanor Rigby by Vanilla Fudge

Oh man forsooth, great one! Talk about a bludgeoning! Vanilla Fudge was the most grossly untasteful band I’ve ever heard. I lost a lot of respect for Jeff Beck when he hired Carmine Appice and Tim Bogart, one of the worst rhythm sections to make it to the big time. All the drummers in L.A. laugh at Carmine behind his back. The worst of the worst!

The Flamin' Groovies picked some great Beatles songs (early ones, as was to their taste), and did them really cooly. If Bowie wanted do a Beatles song, couldn't he at least have chosen a good one?

I think I nailed this one. "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" by Burton Cummings. Beyond aweful. I pledged to myself to never hear that record again. I really like The Guess Who and he layed down some really good songs.