Cartridge for Technics SL-1200G or SL-1200GR

I've been using a Technics SL-1600MK2 since about 1982.  I'm currently using an Ortofon Blue cartridge.  I have a NAD M12 pre, M22 v2 PA, and Tannoy 8 dcti speakers.

I plan to upgrade to a 1200G or 1200GR and wanted some cartridge recommendations from current owners.  I've considered the Ortofon Black for either, but I'm not sure if that would be overkill for the 1200GR. The Blue sounds pretty good with my current setup, so how much improvement could I expect if I went with the Black.  
128x128oldschool1948
I like manual tables because, even though I don't really want to, it does get me up off my fat rump every twenty minutes or so to change the side/record.
And +1 on the KAB damper for SL1200mkIIs; it won’t fit the GR as the arm gimbal bearing supports are considerably wider. Hopefully, KAB will make a new one that does

Sorry this is incorrect. KAB has a damper for the G/GR. I have it on my GR.

Alsowhile the G is better than the GR, from all reports it is barely better. My GR competes with my Prime (with speed controller). The prime is a better table all around but the GR is 90% of it.

i use a Denon 103r with ebony body on the GR and a Soundsmith Carmen Mkii on the Prime. 
I sold my VPI Prime after getting the SL1200G.  I find the Technics superior.  For the first time, my analog rig bests my digital equipment.  Another plus is no acoustic feedback which I did get with the Prime and the Scout before it.
I am currently using a Lyra Delos with an Arche headshell on a 1200G. Sounds great. Other cartridges that I heard that are really good on this table are the Ortofon Cadenza Bronze and Winfield. Very organic sounding on this table are the ortofons. I am going to get one down the road.