Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Interesting comments Tom concerning the use of subs with 3.5s without the equalizer in circuit. That’s exactly how I run mine now - dual subs actually - and I’m thrilled with the result. This allows me to do real justice to more powerful recordings without worrying about the stress on the vulnerable mid-range drivers.

I takes a bit of fine tuning to get everything balanced, but well worth it.

I’m actually resting my 3.5s at the moment and am running my Quad 57s. What these help to confirm is how good that 3.5 mid-range is. It’s certainly not disgraced by the Quads.
Those who listen primarily to vinyl, what cartridges have you found mate well with the 2.4’s as not to give them an overly bright presentation?
sandy - I am very interested in hearing your thoughts when you do add the SS-2 subs. The JC-5 is, I believe, the work of John Curl: one of the greats.

cat - In addition to the mid, the eq also drives the woofer beyond linear excursion and, believe it or not, the bottom of the tweeter is boosted by the eq . . . just a little, but it precedes Thiel's ultra long excursion drivers. Everything matters.
Hi all it's been some time since I chimed in, I try to have something relevant to bring to the table and will admit i'm flat out intimidated. What other forum has ther own in house designer engineer (Tom Thiel)  

I love the idea of creating a list of Thiel friendly amps, especially tube amps as they baffle me with there ability at a fraction of the wpc of Solid state. To the gentleman looking at the large Cary Solid states those are a no go they cant operate in the lower impedance levels our Thiel need. I was told by Cary them selves there SI 300 Intergrated works fantastic on them and is very reasonably priced, It also has one hell of a Pre amp & Dac, 
I finally installed my all Thiel HT/2ch room two weeks ago and ended up with a classe 5300for the 2.7 mains, MCS1 center and 1.7 rears, I highly recommend the larger Classe amps, The four power point 1.2 are powered with PS audio mew 700 mono class D.  But what brought it all together was a Lyngdorf processor with room perfect and made integrating 2 thiel SS2 subs in stereo up front with the 2.7's in two channel it is the best I have heard them. It also runs an SVS 16 ultra in rear corner in LFE for effects and isn't used for two channel. I digest all my 2 channel music through Tidal, Deezer, Spotify hi res addition and have a blue sound that is utilizing the much better Dac in the Lyngdorf.

I loved the silent back round of the Lyngdorf and the ease of sub integration that I bought there 3400 2ch intergrated for my 3,7;s I couldn't be more pleased, absolutely magic,  

I now want to know which of the really large Thiel speakers I would enjoy.  Tom what a you hot rodding first?  I owe the the members of this thread and look forward to the day i can bring more to the table. There is magic happening with state of the art room/speaker correction combined with true digital amps matched with good Dac and music streamer with  tidal MQA files are Nirvana .