Play music from laptop over WiFi to existing audio system: how?

I want to play music from my laptop to my existing stereo system over WiFi instead of a USB cable. I find plenty of systems designed to stream music from the Internet but I'm not interested in that. I want to play the music from my laptop. I also find plenty of USB DAC's but I don't want to have a USB cable. I also don't favor Bluetooth because WiFi offers my bandwidth and options.
I looked at the Yamaha MusicCast WXC-50 and while I see that it can access files over the network using NFS (my preferred network file share protocol), it appears that in this case the laptop act as be a passive storage device. I am hoping instead to use the music player on my laptop to send music to my DAC/preamp as if it were connected by USB cable. But, of course, I want to do this wirelessly.
Is there a solution similar to what I am looking for?
lowoverdrive
if you want something to try out until you upgrade get your self a google Chrome cast Audio like $50. it lets your stream from your laptop to it and out put from it to your Sterio. can use it from any smart phone as well. oh it outputs analog and digital Tos Link. and its tinny like a thick silver dollar.
@mental - OK, thanks. I'm getting a better idea of your suggestion now. However, that specific product, the D2 24-bit Wireless DAC, doesn't appeal to me because it involves a box connected to the laptop as well as a box at the DAC. While it is wireless, that box on my laptop will be like an anchor, defeating my goal. I want to stream wirelessly from my laptop using it's internal 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz WiFi radios (and without connecting anything extra that will make my laptop less mobile).
Surprised no one has mentioned the Chromecast Audio.  Set it up on your network, plug it into your amp and you are good.  $35 - worth a shot.  I use mine all the time.
@tcatch - That's very interesting. I might buy it. Looking closely at it now. I wish Lightning DS was available for Android. But if I can play music using the music app on my laptop and send it to the Auralic mini, that is what I wanted to do anyway. So, to be sure, I can use my laptop connected to my home network via WiFi and stream music to my DAC through the Auralic mini, right?
Also, I read that the retail price is under $500. So why is this used one $550?