Play music from laptop over WiFi to existing audio system: how?

I want to play music from my laptop to my existing stereo system over WiFi instead of a USB cable. I find plenty of systems designed to stream music from the Internet but I'm not interested in that. I want to play the music from my laptop. I also find plenty of USB DAC's but I don't want to have a USB cable. I also don't favor Bluetooth because WiFi offers my bandwidth and options.
I looked at the Yamaha MusicCast WXC-50 and while I see that it can access files over the network using NFS (my preferred network file share protocol), it appears that in this case the laptop act as be a passive storage device. I am hoping instead to use the music player on my laptop to send music to my DAC/preamp as if it were connected by USB cable. But, of course, I want to do this wirelessly.
Is there a solution similar to what I am looking for?
lowoverdrive
Surprised no one has mentioned the Chromecast Audio.  Set it up on your network, plug it into your amp and you are good.  $35 - worth a shot.  I use mine all the time.
@tcatch - That's very interesting. I might buy it. Looking closely at it now. I wish Lightning DS was available for Android. But if I can play music using the music app on my laptop and send it to the Auralic mini, that is what I wanted to do anyway. So, to be sure, I can use my laptop connected to my home network via WiFi and stream music to my DAC through the Auralic mini, right?
Also, I read that the retail price is under $500. So why is this used one $550?
Here's something else I just learned about:
https://hifiberry.us/Those are not much more expensive than a Chromecast Audio and much more flexible. I'm not a big Google fan.
It's amazing to see the price range of the various solutions. From almost nothing to over $2000. The HiFiBerry and the Auralic Mini both interest me.
But I would imagine the audio quality of wifi connection would be inferior to that of USB simply because of the unstable nature of wireless connection.