The 70’s are back

And for only $4000 you can buy a brand new pair of JBL L100’s.

I will have to hear them hooked to a Sansui receiver and pop in Led Zeppelin an 8 track.

JD
128x128curiousjim
LoL, I had a pair. They were my first “Big” speaker. Kept them until I got my DQ-10’s. The sound was pretty good for the time, but even if you adjust for inflation $4k is quite a bit more expensive.

JD
We sold the old JBL 100s at Tech Hifi. I preferred all the Ohm speakers of the time that competed with those starting with Ohm L for $400 pair, C2, and H for $800. The C2s were most comparable and the Hs much better. JBL always had muddy bass and lack of clarity overall in comparison at least with the amps of the day. Its a new day now. These better be good for that price nowadays. You can still pick up totally updated Ohm Ls, C2s and Hs using refurbed cabinets, when available, from www.ohmspeakers.com for pretty much the same cost as back in 1978. The $4000 L100s better sound a lot better now!  I'd go for Klipsch Forte III before those at that price for sure.
jbhiller,

The Forte lll’s are great with tubes. I didn’t get into tubes until the 80’s, but by then the JBL’s were long gone.

Happy listening.

JD

mapman,

I had a friend who had  Ohm ??? With the large Walsh driver. Man did they suck power.  Sounded pretty good though.

JD
I've heard the Forte IIIs and they are very good with even very modest SS amplification.  They really excel at allowing individual recordings to sound unique FBOFW.  No sugar coatings!