The 70’s are back

And for only $4000 you can buy a brand new pair of JBL L100’s.

I will have to hear them hooked to a Sansui receiver and pop in Led Zeppelin an 8 track.

JD
128x128curiousjim
jbhiller,

The Forte lll’s are great with tubes. I didn’t get into tubes until the 80’s, but by then the JBL’s were long gone.

Happy listening.

JD

mapman,

I had a friend who had  Ohm ??? With the large Walsh driver. Man did they suck power.  Sounded pretty good though.

JD
I've heard the Forte IIIs and they are very good with even very modest SS amplification.  They really excel at allowing individual recordings to sound unique FBOFW.  No sugar coatings!
curiousjim, yes they did and very fragile as well. Those were Ohm Fs, top of the line back in teh late 70s.

I have two pair of the newer Ohm Walsh models, one with new 12" drivers in refurbed OHM F cabinets. The sound is phenomenal. Require no more power than most. Also most durable. You can throw anything at them even at top volume and never show any signs of stress. That’s quality!   All but the largest current model OHM Walsh speakers can be had for $4000.   A different bird for sure!
When I bought my JBL 4319 monitors, the JBL-100 were being shown off but were not for sale as of then. Although I love my 4319s, the fact that the midrange is pure pulp paper, like the woofer, kinda piques my interest. Don't get me wrong as I love what I hear with the Mag/Al midrange in my 4319s, but......

That, and they are priced the same as the 4319 monitors and have the optional retro stands, which I had to source from Deer Creek Audio. It's just that classic look of the egg crate grills, especially in orange, that floats my boat.

@d2girls, nice to hear how much you love your JBL 4367 speakers and the base they can conjure. If anyone knows drivers, it's JBL.

All the best,
Nonoise