Looking for speaker recommendations

I retired a couple of years ago and as a hobby have become a bit of an audiophile.  I need some speaker advice from those of you who know more than I. 

I listen mostly to classical and jazz. System is on most of the day for background music.  I do more critical listen from 8-10 in the evening at low volume (50-60 db.)

Been buying and selling gear and my current system is a Mac computer, Teac UD-301 DAC/preamp, Classe CT-2300 amp, Vandersteen 2CE signature speakers. My listening space is a 20 X 18 foot living room with cathedral ceilings. Due to WAF restrictions, the stereo system is in a corner of the room with the speakers 10 feet apart, directed at my listening chair that is 12 feet away.  

The Vandys sound nice but I suspect they are too directional for my listening space and style.  I am looking for a speaker that has a more fuller sound stage and will fill the room with sound. Speakers will need to have a better WAF than the Vandys. (Wife does not like the black socks on the Vandys.)

I prefer to buy used and am looking in the $2-5K range.

My current short-list for speakers is-

Legacy-Signature SE

DeVore-Gibbon X

Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated.

128x1282tuby
@2tuby

You definitely need to take care of your DAC/preamp first before upgrading the speakers. Your Teac UD 301 DAC/preamp just can’t do justice for the rest of your setup and system. I recommend either the PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Perfect Wave ll or the Classe CP 800 stereo preamp/DAC. Either of these will be a big step up sonically from your Teac UD 301 DAC/preamp and will elevate the overall performance of your setup/system to the next level. Even the Benchmard DAC2 or DAC3 will be significant improvements from what you have now. Your Teac UD 301 DAC/preamp is fine for just playing background music but not for critical listening. 

Your Vandy speakers are awesome IMO and you can always change up speakers anytime you wish but first you will have to upgrade your upstream component(s) (DAC/preamp) first for critical listening. 
It all comes down to personal preference and taste and musical tastes when it comes to speaker choices. There are countless options out there. 

Wharfedale Dentons or diamonds. I've also heard good recommendation on the Focal. Go to music direct order them, give theme a listen and if they aren't your cup of tea return them. Best of both worlds.

@justvintage I agree and have a cłean pair of Gershman AG’s with boxes should the OP be interested. @2tuby it's a great value for money speaker.
Ok time for the curve ball, I have a pair of Decware HR-1s.
They are hybrid-radials, the WAF is within spec, and they are more forgiving on placement.

Due to your listening style, and content, I feel these would be a spectacular choice.

http://www.decware.com/newsite/HR1.html

I own two Decware amps, and I have met the maker of the HR-1s, he truly is an artist and fantastic guy!

Hope this helps,
Ron
Magnepan 1.7i. I have heard them twice, once with a Prima Luna 35 wpc tube integrated and also with a pair of Bel Canto class D mono blocks. They were shockingly good both times!