The 70’s are back

And for only $4000 you can buy a brand new pair of JBL L100’s.

I will have to hear them hooked to a Sansui receiver and pop in Led Zeppelin an 8 track.

JD
128x128curiousjim
Speaking of Nakamichi, although I couldn't afford it, I always lusted over their car audio cassette players.
According to the inflation calculator, my JBL L300As would cost $7,838.74 today. After attending several high end audio events, I have absolutely no desire to replace them with anything new in the same price range. Hard to top the overall dynamics of the compression drivers and the impact of the 15" woofer. I have upgraded the original caps with audiophile quality ones and have replaced the terminals with modern, high grade ones.
I used to have four L100s in the mid 70s, connected to a Marantz 4400 quadriphonic receiver. They were awesome for trowing parties. Those 12" woofers kicked butt. But I also had a pair of Altec Voice of the Theater speakers connected to a more powerful Marantz integrated, at the same time, and those dwarfed the L100s. There's a certain quality to 15" woofers paired with high frequency horns. 
Thanks nonoise , I’ve looked at Kendrick’s photos , but I’ll have to read the info . My JBL’s have the Ti tweeters . I’m hesitant to mess with the crossovers as the potentiometers are part of the baffle . I’m pretty good with a soldering iron , but need clear direction . Any advise would be appreciated. Regards , Mike.  
...that's Harbeth money...if you prefer music.  Owned new L100's back in the day...YES, the orange grills!  Fun little rockers in the day.  Good luck & cheers!  Norm
@d2girls. I’ve had a pair of JBL 4367s for about 3 years now. They are incredible, you will be very happy